Need advise.

Options
So,i've lost around 15 kg since Feb ,and losing weight means your clothes fit you better and you look better. i'm really happy with my results and my mum too . I know she's happy for me but i get soo uncomfortable when she mentions about my weight loss and how my clothes looks big on me infront of my family members. i get that she means well, but it stresses me out. it made me feel like i always need to be on track and continue to lose weight especially now that i'm technically in the 'spotlight' and i can't screw it up because everyone will notice. This causes unnecessary stress.
Just now, i had a talk with my mum and i mentioned that i would like her to not say anything about this weight loss thingy. she told me that i'm weird and nobody reacts like i do. she says that this is nothing,why do i even feel stress about it. i just want her to respect my decision and feelings. am i in the wrong?

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    You aren't wrong. I tend to be low-key about this stuff too. On the other hand, it doesn't sound as though your mother is likely to stop. So whether you're right or wrong, this is probably going to end up being one of those irritating things you need to deal with and knowing this, you can try to mentally prepare yourself.

Hang in there. I know it can be rough.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    This extra attention is usually what gets me off track too. I have tried to ignore it but it can be hard. You have been honest with your mom and unfortunately she is not going to listen, from her reaction, so you just have to keep moving. When it happens just try to flip it and realize she is proud of you, just as you should be. What you are doing takes determination and hard work. Keep it up.