Intimidated by 'battle ropes' but want to do them so badly

Options
Has anyone been on the same boat, but made a successful transition into incorporating battle ropes HIIT workout into their fitness/exercise schedule? How has the experience been? Also how about your body getting toned and you losing weight?

Replies

• ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    They are easier than you think, but they wear you out quickly. Start real slow, like 10 reps (flip one rope up then the other.) And be prepared for a bit of DOMS. I think it's a good all over body exercise, even your legs, because you really have to plant yourself to do them.
    Give them a shot. What do you have to lose?
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Go for it. I miss them, my gym had them, but they were falling apart and they got rid of them. Like ck2d said, do one then the other. You can either count reps or try and do it for 15 seconds and keep increasing. I used it as part of a tabata workout, it was definitely a nice addition.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,990 Member
    Options
    I have a set that I use in my backyard.

Lots of different things that you can do w/them. Check out You Tube where you csn find lots of videos demonstrating the alternatives.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    They are hard but awesome! I miss them!
  • hermopar383
    hermopar383 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    After using them at my gym, I decided to buy my own. They are such a great cardio booster! although I can't last a full minute, I feel like I'm lasting longer and longer every time. Mine are 1.5" diameter and 30' long. I just wrapped it around the leg of my bed which holds it down so I don't need to mount an anchor anywhere. works great! When not in use, I fold it under the bed.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Has anyone been on the same boat, but made a successful transition into incorporating battle ropes HIIT workout into their fitness/exercise schedule? How has the experience been? Also how about your body getting toned and you losing weight?

dont be intimidated, they are the easiest thing in the gym to use. just pick them up and slam them on the ground for a few minutes. i used to use them in a HIIT or circuit for a few minutes at a time. Now i use them occasionally at the end of my workouts for just some general conditioning
  • Ultio70
    Ultio70 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just give them a try. They can only beat you if you don't try. Just grab em and do what you can. Pay attention to your form and see what you can do today. Tomorrow you will be one day better, one day stronger. It ads up quick.