Calorie intake?

Options
SkimpyMrsCarter
SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Im 17lbs from my goal and i am curious as to weather anyone know weather or not my daily calorie intake should be more less or stay the same?? I started at 1200 calories a day.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    What rate of loss are you set to?
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    Options
    What rate of loss are you set to?

2lbs a week
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Going under 1200 calories is usually considered unhealthy. How tall are you? How much do you currently weigh? I assume you're female. How old are you? How active are you? This info is needed to give any type of answer.

If you still have this website set to lose 2 lbs per week, you need to change that.

75+ pounds to lose = 2 lbs per week
    25-50 lbs to lose = 1 lb per week
    Less than 25 lbs to lose = 0.5 lbs per week
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    Options
    Going under 1200 calories is usually considered unhealthy. How tall are you? How much do you currently weigh? I assume you're female. How old are you? How active are you? This info is needed to give any type of answer.

If you still have this website set to lose 2 lbs per week, you need to change that.

Wow, ok thanks
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Seconding this ^
  • carlapruiett
    carlapruiett Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow I just learned a lot from these responses! I've been at 1200 calories since March and am just a few pounds from my goal. Have been losing at a rate of 2 lbs/week. I'm 5'8", 53 yrs old, female, with my goal of 140 lbs. I'm concerned about finding the right "new normal" of calories in order to not start gaining again!
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Doesn't want to give the height and weight huh?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Wow I just learned a lot from these responses! I've been at 1200 calories since March and am just a few pounds from my goal. Have been losing at a rate of 2 lbs/week. I'm 5'8", 53 yrs old, female, with my goal of 140 lbs. I'm concerned about finding the right "new normal" of calories in order to not start gaining again!

@carlapruiett check out this thread to understand your calorie allowance http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Im 17lbs from my goal and i am curious as to weather anyone know weather or not my daily calorie intake should be more less or stay the same?? I started at 1200 calories a day.

1200 is the default minimum......eating less would only be recommended for a very petite and/or elderly woman. I'm 5'5" and 56 YO - and 1200 is too low for me.

You don't lower calories.....you just lose weight slower now.
  • carlapruiett
    carlapruiett Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    tinkerbellang83, Thank you! Great info, I just read it.