5'2

Options
I am 5'2 21 years old and currently weigh 140. I lost 25 pounds last year but have been trying to lose the last 15 for 10 months and it's a constant battle! My goal for this next month is to get down to 135. I'm currently eating 1350-1400 calories a day and I'm doing a PPL split

Replies

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I'm 5ft 2" and I was 145lb :) I have 1200 calories a day and probably eat back maybe 100 exercise calories.... I've lost 13lbs so far :) It can be done, you've done it once already... Keep your chin up :)
  • NatashaPolizzotti
    NatashaPolizzotti Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at a deficit? I eat the same amount everyday but I don't eat back my exercise calories at all. I usually burn around 3 to 400 through exercise a day
  • dottiedj
    dottiedj Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently 133. Until last year, I always weighed around 120, give or take a few pounds and I have always tracked my calories. Last year, I got lazy, didn't track and gained 25 pounds. UGH! I'm down 12 pounds since January, which I'm happy about, but it's so hard to lose weight when you are short and your BMR is only 1200 calories. I exercise and try not to eat back the exercise calories in order to create a calorie deficit. It's hard.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at a deficit? I eat the same amount everyday but I don't eat back my exercise calories at all. I usually burn around 3 to 400 through exercise a day

I'm always in a deficit that's how I'm losing weight :) I eat back calories because I need them. Food is fuel :) I also like to think of them as a treat although that's Frowned upon lol :D
  • karajf0413
    karajf0413 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a bit taller (5'4") and weigh 135lbs. I got down to 124 last year but started lifting weights and suddenly shot back up. :s Those last few pounds are always hard! Good luck!
  • NatashaPolizzotti
    NatashaPolizzotti Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    dottiedj wrote: »
    I'm 5'3" and currently 133. Until last year, I always weighed around 120, give or take a few pounds and I have always tracked my calories. Last year, I got lazy, didn't track and gained 25 pounds. UGH! I'm down 12 pounds since January, which I'm happy about, but it's so hard to lose weight when you are short and your BMR is only 1200 calories. I exercise and try not to eat back the exercise calories in order to create a calorie deficit. It's hard.
    Yea I try not to eat back my calories either!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 62. I'm set to 1200 calories but eat back most of my exercise calories. I cut off a third of the calories that mfp gives me for my stationary bike and rowing machine though, so I guess you could say I eat 2/3 rds of my exercise calories. If I don't go over this I lose 3 pounds a month. I've lost 12 pounds in 6 months with 8 to go to get to 125. It's slow going, being both short, and older. But, it can be done, as I've done it twice in the past 5 years. This time I'm going really slowly, to try to learn to master maintenance. A pound a month loss is ok to me.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I started in January at 135 and today I'm down to 115.4 I have an open diary, feel free to add me.