Vacation success

GottaluvFood
GottaluvFood Posts: 65 Member
Just came back from vacation. We were 12 days at a family cottage on the water. Extended family was there. I had no control of the food in the house or on the table. Breakfasts were always large & festive. Lots of dessert type foods & chips & things. (Lots of fruit & veggies, too.)

I had hoped to only gain 2 pounds. In years past, I've gained as much as 5 pounds this week.

I gained nothing. I'm so pleased.

It was my plan to log calories while there. It was too difficult to do while being polite. It didn't seem right asking for the contents of things other people prepared. So, I stopped after a day or two. I mentally counted what I was eating based upon knowledge learned here. In other words I...depended...upon...self-discipline. That's good.

Replies

• juliehmaui2016
    juliehmaui2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Congratulations! Good job on continuing your new lifestyle and relationship with food :smile:
  • flower761
    flower761 Posts: 14 Member
    It's all about self-discipline, and it's not easy. So hard. Way to go!!
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Awesome job!!! I have a big family reunion next week. Hope I can do as well as you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!