124lbs lost ♥

Options

Replies

• margebouvierx2
    Options
    WOW!!!!!
    Congratulations
    you are unrecognisable.
    Be proud of yourself, I'm proud of you and don't even know you but I beaming with pride for you looking at your pics!
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look stunning, well done!
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation. Huge congratulations. Thanks for posting it. It inspired me for sure. You look wonderful.
  • crysta1000
    crysta1000 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. Great job!
  • Pandaroxic
    Options
    You look Amazing!!!!
  • Yourgoingtodothis
    Options
    Congratulations you look fantastic! I can relate to the health issues and to lose 124lb with all that going on is just amazing! Be proud of yourself you have achieved so much and inspired me to carry on. Thank you for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • Jeeto115
    Jeeto115 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Way to go!
  • nbaker996
    nbaker996 Posts: 1
    Options
    THANK YOU for sharing your story! It has helped me tremendously today!!!!!! You were beautiful before but it a great feeling to be beautiful AND healthy!!!!! CONGRATS again!
  • sandralynnelbe
    sandralynnelbe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a wonderful transformation! You are such an inspiration. Great work and congrats big time!
  • Running_Spirit
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • jenrobiwan
    jenrobiwan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! You are truly an inspiration for a woman just starting her journey.
  • oOxXxOo
    oOxXxOo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Love your work!
    Well done.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You look amazing.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share my story with you all~
    I've always had weight issues.. from as long as I could remember. Looking back on photos from my childhood I could see that I was never "normal" as far as weight and I was on a constant roller coaster going up and down, but always was on the bigger side despite the fluctuations. I was content though. I may have been a "chubby" 170lbs (5'7) girl most of my adult life, but I was fine with that.

Fast forward to when I had my son. I gained a LOT during my pregnancy. I delivered him weighing 210lbs. A few short months later my weight went up another 20lbs. I joined weight watchers and was losing the weight very quickly.. thought I was just kicking booty! Turns out I had an auto-immune disease called "Grave's disease". It's an auto-immune thyroid disease. 3 weeks after the diagnosis they totally removed my thyroid.. and that's when my life changed. At the time I had a less than caring endocrinologist. She didn't check my levels very often and under dosed me on synthroid. The weight just kept piling on and I could HARDLY do anything besides lay in bed... I could hardly stay awake. Despite me hardly eating anything because I was too lethargic to put food into my body.. I gained and gained up till I reached my highest of 255lbs. I finally realized my "care" wasn't helping me and I searched for a new endo. I found out my TSH levels were over 60! I was VERY hypo... and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and idiopathic intracranial hypertension.

After about a year with my new doctor my levels finally got to an "acceptable range". I started slowly going to the gym.. elliptical was the only thing I felt confident on. I hit a plateau and got myself a personal trainer. Learned a lot from him and stuck with him until I felt confident to continue on my own. I used myfitnesspal to track my food/exercise, a polar ft4 heart rate monitor to track my calories burned during exercise, and eased myself into running with a good c25k app. I ended up with a huge passion for running and I run 5ks as much as I can now with ease. Planning on training for a 10k soon...ultimate goal is to run marathons! I've lost 124lbs and I'm at goal. My health has never been better, even though I still have some issues now and then. It's been quite the journey. Thanks for listening. (By the way.. no longer have fibro issues and my IIH isn't as severe! )

Some random before's / progress photos
    IMG_2076_zps469dedb3.jpg
    406103_440974429268568_1123449152_n_zps31adb0bc.jpg
    30344_506195026079841_197545846_n_zpsa408baa7.jpg

Before & After
    579c9cc1-580c-48c0-9d7b-cb8ad27d3b6c_zpsda6916a1.jpg

:flowerforyou:
    :heart:

You're ready for the cover of a magazine.
  • autniccole
    autniccole Posts: 36
    Options
    What an amazing transformation!
    I was diagnosed with fibro back in March, just after starting to really watch what I eat & get moving. It felt like a ton of bricks had been dropped on me when the doctor said I'd likely "never have a day completely without pain," but reading your story makes me SUPER hopeful!
  • EvaB93
    EvaB93 Posts: 101
    Options
    you look amazing! great work !
  • Dollfun1
    Dollfun1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. You have so much to be proud of and you are gorgeous!

Awesome job!
  • yoster28
    yoster28 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing and I love the black hair!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!