Is this what normal feels like?

Options
bikecheryl
bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
I've had food "issues" my whole life. It's been my drug of choice for as long as I can remember.
If I wanted to escape from problems and stress I'd eat.

I'd wake up in the morning thinking about which fast food restaurant I could have breakfast or lunch at.
And the more the better.

I got my ah ha moment in April (another story :) ) and started tracking my meals on MFP. I set my goals, my macro's, etc and approached it like a chess game. Food became a game piece instead of the prize.

So far I've lost 37 lbs with another 80 or 90 to go. But I'm not worried.

Because I just realized I don't obsess about food anymore. Yeah sure, I weigh my portions and plan my meals, but it's different, if you know what I mean.

And I've just realized, I don't feel as hungry as I used to. I'm satisfied sooner, with smaller portions.

Is this what normal feels like? Cause I'm kind of enjoying it. :)

Replies

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    gixm8slv7g70.jpg
    Awesome!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I do not know about feeling normal, but I have lost about 200 lbs and I think about food from the time I wake up until I go to bed. Sometimes I dream about food. The difference for me is that I can think about eating a big juicy hamburger and know I am not going to eat it. My co-worker and I talk about food all day long. It does not bother me or entice me to eat what I have not planned for the day.