hi i need someones option

Options
I wanna start by saying my weight was 123 and i use to drink 9 120oz can dr pepper a dayi cut 6 a day and walked 2 miles a dayand have lost 8 pounds now im stuck at 115 day before yesterday started strength training and i eat 1200 calories a day my tredmill workout is a hour please help

Replies

• christy38
    christy38 Posts: 12
    Options
    Im 5"2 been stuck at 115 for couple weeks that's why i started strength a day ago
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    at your height and weight, which is already healthy, your weight loss is going to be SLOOOOOOOOOOOW. be patient. and when I say slow I mean you can do everything perfectly, and still will probably lose less than a pound a week. also, you probably don't need to lose weight (like the actual numbers) you need to lose fat and build muscle... you could be at the same 115, or more, and look better. At your size, its not about that number any more, its about body composition.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Don't panic, your BMI is completely normal!
  • mariabowskill7
    Options
    I would say if you need that extra wee bit, stop drinking to Dc pepper completely, I'm trying to stop drinking coke was on between 6 and 9 cans a day. I'm on the water now, not so bad but lordy mighty me I pee like a crazy fool. good luck
  • branbury
    branbury Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ditto to all responses. Not about weight when bmi is normal. Curious, what is your goal?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Your weight is smack dab in the middle of a healthy BMI. Might you consider forgetting about weight and work on health? A lot of folks here in MFP have fogotten the scale to concentrate on toning when they get to a healthy weight. You don't want to be underweight and sickly. Strong and trim is better than skinny.
  • christy38
    Options
    My goal weight is 110 ,then i wanna tone up my arms stomach and legs dont want muscle just tone plus im only using 2 1lb weights
  • christy38
    Options
    Thank u everone for your help
  • ShannonMK9
    ShannonMK9 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Stopping the soda all together is a good suggestion to start with, strangely enough you may need to increase your calorie intake to break the weight loss plateau - try varying your intake between 1200 and 1500 over the week and see if that helps.
  • christy38
    Options
    Well to be honest i cant stop drimking soda complete for me that would be unrealistic and hard fore yo stick with so maybe i do need to up my calorie intake
  • christy38
    Options
    Ok im freaking i workout 5 days a week well i just weighed myself this moring i gained 2 pounds over the weekend i went from 115 to 117 ugh how did this happen and no i didn't pig out lol help
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Option?????
  • badwolves
    badwolves Posts: 33
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? You may be holding onto water weight if you aren't.
  • christy38
    Options
    I drank 4 8fl oz of water yesterday
  • christy38
    Options
    Opinion that better lol
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Well to be honest i cant stop drimking soda complete for me that would be unrealistic and hard fore yo stick with so maybe i do need to up my calorie intake

Why would no longer drinking soda be unrealistic? If you want to lose the last few pounds bad enough that may do the trick.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    My option is to not drink soda unless it has alcohol in it.
  • ittyXbittyXbritty
    Options
    I would definitely say to cut out as much soda as you can and replace it with water. (If you don't like plain water, get a fruit infuser or add some lemon juice!) also, if you are consuming a lot of sodium and sugar, that could also be your problem.
    try to switch out white pasta/bread for whole grain. it's much more filling and healthier. it's actually helped my stepdad a lot. I wish I could say it's helping me, too, but I wouldn't be the best gauge for that..
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You're at a healthy weight. Stop worrying about the scale.
    Lift weights and do other exercises to achieve the body you want, independent of weight.

Work on your strength, your flexibility and your cardio. Measure your success by your performance in those areas rather than by an arbitrary number on a scale.
  • christy38
    Options
    Why is quitting soda unrealistic cause i enjoy it i only have 3a day i just know i wont stick with it that why i only allow3 a day