Samsung Health / Steps help

Options
ludds
ludds Posts: 40 Member
I've finally managed to get samsung health and mfp to read each other accurately so mfp is now displaying a positive calorie adjustment for the steps I have done. Please can someone explain the following to me.

Day 1 I recorded around 7000 steps and no additional exercise and gained an extra 200 calories for the steps.

Day 2 I was showing as 6000 steps during the day and it was saying around 170 calories adjustment. I then recorded a run gaining me 250 calories which were automatically added to mfp but it set the steps calorie back to zero. By the end of day 2 my steps count was around 14000 in addition to my run (run steps not counted in the 14000) yet it still gave me zero calories for the steps.

This doesnt make sense to me!

Replies

• shilpaca
    shilpaca Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi can u tell me how u managed to sync the both. I'm trying to do that. The Samsung health says partner apps and I have mfp listed. However when I click on it there is days transfer to Samsung health about the input on Mfp
  • jilleharper
    jilleharper Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I tried to link s health and MFP, they both say they are partnered apps but my steps arn't showing in Mfp, any ideas?
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @jilleharper, make sure that you go into the app under "steps" and check the box next to S health.

OP- I noticed the same issue, but assumed that my step count was getting reset to avoid double counting the run (I use a Gear S2 on auto-sync to S Health). Am following to see if anyone knows why.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I've found logging any exercise specifically in MFP totally zeroes out Shealth contributions. Now I just go by the step adjustment and have done with it.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    So, I just did a workout and compared my S Health calories, the RW run formula, the treadmill estimate, and the MFP adjustment. S Health is pretty close to the RW formula (BW x distance x .66), and about 15% lower than the treadmill estimate (which is probably least accurate).
    The MFP adjustments are a few hundred calories higher, and I notice that it's pretty consistently that way. I'm thinking that when S Health sends a workout to MFP, it syncs and give you an adjustment for total daily effort (so steps AND the run) but only lists the adjustment under the run. It doesn't seem to do this with other synced activity.