Random chicken question

Options
DanniB423
DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
Has anyone noticed how much 3 oz off of a rotisserie chicken from the store looks compared to chicken you make yourself? I know chicken shreds off of a rotisserie but I shred chicken at home too. Rotisserie chicken always looks like a mound on the scale in comparison. I know this is so weird but I've noticed it over and over. lol

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    It may be because your chicken is juicier than the rotisserie chicken. It probably also means 3 ounces of your homemade chicken may have fewer calories than the rotisserie chicken but it would take a full laboratory to truly judge.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    It may be because your chicken is juicier than the rotisserie chicken. It probably also means 3 ounces of your homemade chicken may have fewer calories than the rotisserie chicken but it would take a full laboratory to truly judge.

I've got the time if you have the laboratory? :D and yes my home chicken is 120 cal for 3 oz and the rotisserie I buy is 170 for 3 oz.
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yep I agree, when I measure it out I'm usually very happy to see how much it is!