Constipated

Options
I have gone from being absolutely regular (once a day) to not remembering the last time I 'went'. Last night I had real licquorice, syrup of figs and black coffee. All to no avail.

Obviously this is why my weight isn't changing. Any suggestions to how I can get 'moving' regularly again?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    what has changed since you found yourself not going as regularly?
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing. Complete mystery.
  • princeofmind
    princeofmind Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating differently?
    Could be your body getting used to it.
    Alternatively if its been a while and nothing has changed that much in your diet then it could be that you've not been drinking enough. A few years back during a heatwave, since I cycled to work (40 minute cycle there and another 40 minute cycle back) I had some pretty bad problems with it from dehydration.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I was thinking, are you eating enough roughage/fibre (fruit, veg and ye olde bran-based cereals)? And are you drinking enough water? Two of the main culprits. When I get bunged up I use Fybogel. One sachet usually does the trick.
  • kathymhardy
    Options
    Thanks for the advice about Fybogel. I will try that. Must admit I don't eat enough fruit, veg or fibre. But never have done. Have been logging in for three months now. The past two weeks have been drinking much more water.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    It could well be the combination of lack of fibre, the heatwave/humidity you're having in the UK and the calorie deficit. Go chat to a pharmacist, see if they can recommend something, but you will probably need a longer term solution as you don't want to be getting into the habit of using laxatives.
  • kathymhardy
    Options
    True, thanks tinkerbellang83.
  • thomasegbert09
    thomasegbert09 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would go see a gastro. Discuss your food diary