HRM calories too high?

Options
I have a Sportline HRM with the chest strap. I've had it since Christmas last year, and when I use it during workouts it always says I burn crazy calories. For example, when I go to the park with my son and walk 3 miles in about an hour, my HRM tells me I've burned roughly 800-1000 calories. My son rides in a stroller, so I'm sure pushing him helps increase calories burned, but when I see others who walk about the same burning way fewer calories than I do, I worry that maybe my HRM is off? I've made sure the settings are right (my weight, making sure it's in pounds vs. kg, etc). Anybody have any ideas about this? I've also noticed that my resting heart rate is around 100-110, so when I exercise it can get into the 170's or so...not sure if that has anything to do with it as well.

Replies

• Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    I am not familiar with that brand so I looked up Sportline HRM on Amazon.com. Not sure which model you have, but in general, many reviews for this brand are poor :\ Take a peek at Amazon to see if the feedback helps. I have the Polar FT4F and it's great.