Which Garmin would you recommend?

Options
2»

Replies

• NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    The FR35 has a virtual pacer, the Vivoactive HR can run ConnectIQ apps (which almost certainly include a virtual pacer option).

Vivoactive HR > FR35.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    scorpio516 wrote: »
    abijones75 wrote: »
    I'm looking at buying a new Garmin, I don't want to spend a fortune but want it for running so needs decent specs, gps and I want wrist based hr monitoring. I've been looking at the vivoactive hr and the forerunner 35, does anyone have either of these?

No you don't. Every other way to get your HR is more accurate.

FR230 plus Scosche Rhythm+. The FR35 is fine, but the 230 is better in every way

Yesterday I was doing a power test on the bike, gasping for breath, and my Garmin wHRM says I averaged 96 bpm through the whole ordeal. My chest strap just died - the wrist one isn't a good replacement, at least on the bike. Seems pretty good when I'm not exerting myself, but that's when the data isn't nearly as valuable.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    scorpio516 wrote: »
    I'm looking at buying a new Garmin, I don't want to spend a fortune but want it for running so needs decent specs, gps and I want wrist based hr monitoring. I've been looking at the vivoactive hr and the forerunner 35, does anyone have either of these?

No you don't. Every other way to get your HR is more accurate.

FR230 plus Scosche Rhythm+. The FR35 is fine, but the 230 is better in every way

For running my 735XT optical has been generally realistic when I've tested it. That said I use an HRM Tri for the run dynamics
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So I'm back using my old vivosmart hr, loving being back with Garmin connect app but I miss the gps so need a better watch. I've been looking at the vivoactive hr but it's sooo ugly! And massive. That's the one thing I didn't like about the 235, it looked ludicrous on my skinny wrist.

my 225 is very big on my wrist, i have a brilliant tan line from it too, but it does the job i need it for, so who cares?! i don't think anyone who see's me trotting round on a 10 miler looks and me and goes 'i cant believe how big that woman's watch is...'
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I have the Vivoactive HR, it's not the prettiest, agreed, but it was by far the best choice for me. The selling points for me were the built in GPS (so it doesn't drain my phone battery/it's own battery by relying on bluetooth connection constantly) and that it's waterproof.

You can make it look pretty, just get an expandable bead bracelet. You can also get a NATO 2 part canvas strap that fits it if you're not keen on the plastic strap.

eu0cr3wx2fae.jpg
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    I have the Forerunner 235 and I LOVE it.

Amen to that!