Time for a change....

Options
AshEvelynn
AshEvelynn Posts: 205 Member
My name is Evie and I need to make some changes. I am happily married with a young toddler and it is so easy to say "last time" or "celebration dinner" or "tomorrow I will start". These phrases are no longer what they mean...these are now excuses for me.

These excuses seem to fit any scenario I find myself in. I have a few days of a good streak but then feel entitled to cheat a little...but then a little turns into a lot. I always have good intentions at the market but I just can't seem to follow through long enough to see results (which is the true motivation).

I sometimes give up feeling like "whats the point?"....I'm not happy with how I look and my fitness level. Things have not been working for me as they are...I need to try something else...so here it goes.

I have over 100 pds to lose and of course I know there is no overnight fix (although I wish there was). I'm looking for support, tips, tricks, accountability ideas, buddy system (not sure if that is allowed for security reasons), etc.

I know the generic "diet and exercise" and I'm actively working on both of those things...just need a little help along the way if anyone has any thoughts or ideas on an ongoing basis.

Chat soon,
Evie

Replies

• notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Welcome to myfitenesspal Evie!

Here's a good place to start. These links have a lot of knowledge in them.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

My tips would be:
    Ditch the excuses, only you know why you want to be healthy. The only one stopping you, is you.
    Make small adjustments (if you're just starting out), and make these changes habit.
    Invest in a food scale to accurately measure food intake.

Good luck to you!
  • AshEvelynn
    Options
    Thank you, I'll check it out!
  • RainRose32
    RainRose32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can friend you on here and we can be support buddies if you like. We can try to positively encourage each other to keep going. I have lost about 15 lbs on here in the month and half I've been on so far , but I have a long way still to go .
  • astleybridge63
    astleybridge63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Evie,
    Your post is my story, and many more people's story. We are too hard on ourselves. Have you tried Keto? There are Facebook groups on Facebook for support. Many people have lost over 100lb.

Paula
  • kickassketo
    kickassketo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestion that you check out the Keto way of eating. Pepole have massive success on it. For me, it killed my cravings so it was easy to stick to. And there are ao many benefits in addition to losing weight. Do a little googling for the basics and then check on Facebook for a group to ask questions.
  • AshEvelynn
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks for the tip, I will check it out for sure!

Please feel free to add me, anytime! I'm really trying to make this work so having some buddies would certainly help!

All the best!

Evie