8Fit recipes and exercise

Options
SnocoPower
SnocoPower Posts: 18 Member
Anyone else discover this nifty little app?? I LOVE it!! The workouts are not easy, you really have to give it your all, but they're only about 10 minutes each for the busier folks trying to CHANGE their lifestyle to include more exercise.

Then I found the recipes, and they're awesome!! Filling, larger portions than what I'd expect, and made with realistic and commonly found ingredients, and makes shopping lists for you.

Anyways, found this nice little source of motivation, wanted to share and see if anyone else out there is using it! :)

Replies

• sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The 8fit app was actually what kick-started a lot of my good habits. I found the app in Jan/Feb 2016 and started using it for the recipes. This was before I discovered calorie counting and MFP app. 8fit was very easy to use and the options for diet were very well thought out - they had a gluten free option for meal planning which made my life a lot easier. I also liked how the app had substitution suggestion in case you didn't like a certain ingredient - like switching almond butter for peanut butter or pears for apples. That app helped me really discover the power of CICO. Eventually I switched to MFP, but that app started my journey to lose 40 lbs last year and meet my goal weight.

The exercise part of the app was a game changer for me - like who doesn't have 5 MINUTES to work out? The exercises were definitely a struggle to complete at first, but after a while, I found I could do two rounds or do the 10 minute version instead. Over time, the exercise part of the app gave me the confidence to start running as a component of building a healthier me - my first run was in Feb 2016 and I ran .53 miles which I thought was amazing (and also disappointing when I realized how out of shape I was for being so out of breath afterward). However, I kept at it. In April 2017, happy to report that I ran my first marathon!

So overall, lots of good healthy habits started with the 8fit app - awareness of food choices, portion control, exercising consistency and overall accountability all became part of my new lifestyle due to 8fit as the catalyst.

P.S. no, I don't work for 8fit and no compensation was received for this rave review :wink: