Runner's diet

2»

Replies

• pkdragok
    pkdragok Posts: 181 Member
    Peanuts are high in fat, but runners (like all other humans) need fat. Coffee doesn't dehydrate you, there's no problem with having a reasonable amount of coffee.

But those foods are optional -- you can skip them if you don't like them or you'd rather eat or drink something else. There is no one food that every single runner eats, just some common trends in the diets of successful endurance athletes. If you'd like to learn more about that, "The Endurance Diet" by Matt Fitzgerald is a good resource.

I brought this book currently waiting for it to get to me you are a star!!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    pkdragok wrote: »
    Peanuts are high in fat, but runners (like all other humans) need fat. Coffee doesn't dehydrate you, there's no problem with having a reasonable amount of coffee.

But those foods are optional -- you can skip them if you don't like them or you'd rather eat or drink something else. There is no one food that every single runner eats, just some common trends in the diets of successful endurance athletes. If you'd like to learn more about that, "The Endurance Diet" by Matt Fitzgerald is a good resource.

I brought this book currently waiting for it to get to me you are a star!!

Go ahead and order all of Matt Fitzgerald's books. You won't be disappointed. :D