How to stay on track??

Options
tlw7
tlw7 Posts: 41 Member
Little background. Former college athlete, binge eating issues since 2002, former personal trainer. Got my bf redone (w the bod pod)...
2015- 151, 19% bf
Today- 171, 26.8% bf
And I've only gained 2.4lbs of lean muscle.

Ive done home workouts for the longest but finally got bk in to some real wts this January..and in June I joined 24hr and am following a great program-I'm def pushing myself hard!

My main issue is eating..at night. I get so discouraged bc I'll do great for a few weeks and literally there isn't any change on the scale. It's super frustrating. I just feel like I never make any progress.

How has anyone with eating issues been able to stay on track? I also don't agree with eleminating foods..bc once I tell myself I can't have it I crave it then over eat. I want to be able to follow my macros and be able to eat food without feeling bad.

Thanks!!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Try and adjust your expectations, use a trend weight app like Libra (Android) or Happy Scale (IOS) so you're less discouraged by weight fluctuations.

For the eating at night you could try making allowances for a couple of snacks in the evening and pre-log your day. 16:8 Intermittent Fasting could also be a way to go for you if you're hungrier in the evening. Nothing wrong with eating later if that's what suits you and you don't have any digestive issues that will disturb your sleep.

I used to overeat a lot and go on crazy binges from time-to-time (still do occasionally) but I have more awareness of the impact it has on me now, meal planning and prepping has been a lifesaver for me, I try to buy only what I need for my meal plan for the week and keep spontaneous buys to a minimum, that way the stuff isn't in the house for me to go crazy with.