Appox how many calories in my dinner

Options
mandybullock2015
mandybullock2015 Posts: 19 Member
edited July 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Dont need an exact amount just appox!

I have 600calories left today so just wondering do you think this is more or less than 600 (chips cooked in fri light)? (:

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    What did it say when you entered those items in the database?
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Onion rings in your pic.. I'm guessing 250-300 cals depending on if they were baked or fried.. fries.. same deal, at least 250 cals. Chicken breast 175cals or so would be my guess.. peas, assumed they are steamed, 50 cals. My guess.. 800ish cals. More if the fries and rings were fried in oil. So there's my wild guess. ;)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This is like HiLo from Price is Right
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Yeah im Definetly gonna say over 600 calories, maybe it would have been closer if you had only onion rings or only potatoes, but hard to tell without knowing how much everything weighed. If you baked the onion rings probably 250, the frozen ones I have are about 6 rings for 250 baked, the potatoes probably another 250. Peas 50+ depending on if steamed and chicken 175-200.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What did it say when you entered those items in the database?

This.

Why not just log the food and figure out yourself if it fits in your day?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    How did you cook the fries? When I bake my own, they look about the same and that would be 150 calories top (I just use a bit of oil spray on them though, so it doesn't add many calories).

Otherwise yeah, I'd say 600 sounds about right. But it's much easier if you weigh everything and enter it separately...
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Onion rings and fries Jack up to he calories
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Did you log each item?

Chicken breast? Baked? What is on it? Might be 180-200 calories or more depending on what is on it and weight.
    Peas? Anything on them? Might be 60 calories.
    Potato fried? How much? Maybe 200 calories.
    Onion rings? Baked or fried? Might be 300 calories.
    I would guess closer to 700 than 600 without knowing how much oil was used or actual amounts of food.

If you cooked it then log what you used to cook it in.
    Fry light appears to have 1 calorie per spray. Decide how much was sprayed and log it.
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,271 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    more than 600 for sure.

a chicken breast normally around 200 g 230 cals approx
    onion rings (i oven cook so add more if fried) 133 for 3 looks like 4 on your plate so approx 170 cals
    peas prob not much more than 80 cals for 100g
    chips there has to be around 200 g there 300 - 350 in that , if they are fried add more

that would bring the full meal to 780 - 830 cals .. <<< total guess thou not knowing the weights or brand :)
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Chicken - 150
    Onion rings - 100
    Peas - 30
    Chips - 100
    +20 insurance purposes
    400 calories

But then again, I always underestimate my meals. I'd rather gain weight than stay even or lose.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You can't really just look at food and estimate calories...how big is the chicken breast? Are the fries baked or fried in oil, etc...is their butter on the peas...how many cups or grams of peas, etc...

Why not just find the items in the database and log it...even if you don't know exact weights, etc you're going to get a more reasonable idea of the calories than looking at it and guessing.