Non-wheat, low dairy, minimal red meat, low fat, possibly low carb. Ughhhh help please!

Options
2»

Replies

• ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Ok here are some ideas. Tell me what you think:

Breakfast:
    ½ a cup dry oatmeal or rice cereal (30 grams of carbohydrate/ cho), cook with water and mix with 2 tablespoons almond or peanut butter (4 grams of cho) and ¾ a cup of blueberries (15 grams of cho)

2 rice cakes (15 grams of cho) with 2 tablespoons of almond butter, sprinkled with 1 ounce of pine nuts (3 grams of cho), 100ish grams of banana (20-25 grams, depending on size)

2 scrambled eggs with sautéed bell pepper in 2 corn tortillas (30 grams)

Lunch:
    Greek salad: 1 cup of Gluten free pasta (45 grams depending on brand) with cucumber, cherry tomato, 6 olives, 2 tsp olive oil and herbs of choice (oregano, basil, parsley), 3 oz shredded chicken

Tuna or salmon salad: Canned tuna or salmon mixed with a few tablespoons of lactose free yogurt or lactose free sour cream, ¼ a stalk chopped celery, 2 cup of mixed fruit (cantaloupe, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, honeydew) (30 grams of cho)

Chicken or ham sandwich on gluten free bread (30 grams), 1 slice of swiss cheese, orange (15 grams), 1 cup raw veggies (carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes)

Dinner:
    3 oz chicken, 2/3 a cup quinoa (30 grams of cho), salad of lettuce, baby spinach, kale with olive oil/balsamic dressing)

Tofu stirfry: 3 oz tofu with bok choy, bell peppers, red cabbage, carrots, green beans (and other veggies that are ok with FODMAP), lactose free yogurt (15 grams) with 1-2 cups fruit salad (15-30 grams)

4 oz salmon, 2/3 a cup brown rice (30 grams), 1 cup green beans

Snacks: 1/4 a cup of peanuts, walnuts, or almonds (<5 grams of cho I believe)

Nut thins (30 grams = 24 grams)

Gluten free pretzels (1 oz = 15 grams)

Tortilla chips (1 oz = 15 grams)

FODMAP ok fruit

I believe the American Diabetes Association recommends 30-45 grams of cho per meal, with protein, fat, and lots of non-starchy veggies.