What is the nastiest thing you've ever eaten?

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Oh as a pure breed Viking still living in Iceland I win this game.

I've had:
    Fermented sheep testicles
    Fermented whale fat
    Fermented sheep head with eyes and tongue still attached.. actually the eye is the best part cause it has no taste but don't bite on it cause there'll be a pop when it bursts.
    Fermented shark.... don't smell it, just eat it and try not to gag
    Fermented sheep jam (jam made of sheep's fat and meat)
    Fermented haggis
    Fermented blood sausage
    Fermented sting ray.. smell of it lingers in your hair and your cloths until you clean them. Dont ever make one at home.
    Seaweed

Then we also have something called brain stew.. It's sheep brain.. mashed in a stew. It's not very popular and I've only had it once.. never again.

You win! Thought some of the Norwegian stuff was rank, but you got it covered.

My steamed sheeps head comes nowhere close!
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member

I've had:
    Fermented whale fat
    Fermented sheep head with eyes and tongue still attached.. actually the eye is the best part cause it has no taste but don't bite on it cause there'll be a pop when it bursts.
    Fermented haggis
    Fermented blood sausage
    Fermented sting ray.. smell of it lingers in your hair and your cloths until you clean them. Dont ever make one at home.
    Seaweed

Then we also have something called brain stew.. It's sheep brain.. mashed in a stew. It's not very popular and I've only had it once.. never again.

I'm just imagining how one's breathe would smell after eating any of this. :mask:
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    I love kimchi and little hairy fishes (anchovies), and big salty gooey fish balls (caviar), seaweed in any shape or form, and many other things I shouldn't mention so our American born MFPer won't get a heart attack. I
    I won't dare to try a lot of things I've seen at an Oriental supermarket (swallow nests, scary looking seaworms and such.)
    There are some very yucky stuff at our supermarket as well, e.g. eggnog, sliced bagged bread in the bread isle - the smell only makes me choke, mass made pies and pop-tarts taste like cardboard, but not much.
    Orange flavor Mentos taste like laundry detergent
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member

I've had:
    Fermented whale fat
    Fermented haggis
    Fermented blood sausage
    Seaweed

Yeah I was too chicken to try the shark when I was there.

You guys have some - ahem - interesting foods. :)
  • BrendanMcGroarty
    BrendanMcGroarty Posts: 945 Member
    Gloria wins but
    Bug larvae in Korea
    Shrimp chips in Korea
    Cow Stomach in the Czech Republic
    White Castle hamburgers
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Nothing I've had can hold a candle
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 wrote: »

I've had:
    Fermented whale fat
    Fermented haggis
    Fermented blood sausage
    Seaweed

I'll take steamed sheep head anytime over the fermented one... you call it Sviđ in Norway too?

I've had:
    Fermented whale fat
    Fermented haggis
    Fermented blood sausage
    Seaweed

I'll take steamed sheep head anytime over the fermented one... you call it Sviđ in Norway too?

Smalahovud is the name of the dish in Norway
    Sau is sheep. Smalahovud means small head.
  • ivandobski2
    ivandobski2 Posts: 4 Member

I've had:
    Fermented whale fat
    Fermented haggis
    Fermented blood sausage
    Seaweed

Yep, you win.

I thought I had a fairly strong entry in the game but I'll be honest that lot sounds god awful and I'd probably eat mine again if offered - fresh cow placenta (as in 10 minutes old, still bloody fresh) with a spicy Thai dipping sauce. Think Thai scrambled eggs and you wouldn't be far off.

• YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Licorice
  • Bonny132

I've had:
    Fermented whale fat
    Fermented haggis
    Fermented blood sausage
    Seaweed

I've had:
    Fermented whale fat
    Fermented haggis
    Fermented blood sausage
    Seaweed

Smalahovud is the name of the dish in Norway
    Sau is sheep. Smalahovud means small head.

Ahh very different haha. I learned danish at school as a kid and cause Icelandic is basically old norsk we can still understand, read and communicate in Norwegian and Swedish.. not Danish though. No one understands them

I never realised you guys learned Danish at school! We have to learn Icelandic lol but yes I can read Danish but it is hard to understand their accent.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Eaten or tasted with your tongue?
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Tie: Swig of beer with a cigarette butt in it or Jack in the Box taco
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Durian. King of fruits, my butt.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Vodka and my ex's pill flavored semen.

Should've drank the vodka first.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Vodka and my ex's pill flavored semen.

Should've drank the vodka first.

Note to self... Don't take pills that give your semen a weird pill flavor. Also eat more pineapple
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Soft serve that had gone bad. Maybe not the grossest but definitely the largest contrast between reality and expectation.

Ugh this happened to me once too. To this day (some 30 years later) I cannot eat chocolate soft serve ice cream (I am okay with vanilla though)

But the nastiest thing I ever ate (on purpose) was sea cucumber...at a Chinese wedding banquet that my friends and I still refer to as The Fear Factor Dinner. I didn't have a problem with the shark fin soup or the duck tongues...but I couldn't get past the texture of the sea cucumber.