Please Confirm Calorie Needs

Options
Hey everyone!

Ok MFP says 1200 for me....I'm 5'6 and about 150. I'm going to start intermittent fasting but need to know how much to eat during non-fast time....16/8. I do OrangeTheory....high intensity full body workout with cardio and weights about 4 times a week and burn an average of 600 calories.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Do you eat back any of that 600 calories?
  • TanJacked
    TanJacked Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Really depends on how active you are throughout the day. What are your job and extra curricular activities like aside from your workouts?
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i used to do otf and gosh ur really gonna lose if ur going 4 days a week.. i was doing 1800 calories a day and going 3 days a week and still lost 22lbs in a month!! that work out is the truth!!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    MFP said 1200 I guess you dialled in at least 1 lb/week and said you were sedentary ? The dialy average of your exercise is about 300 over 7 days you could try adding that to the 1200 and set 1500 as an initial goal, try it for two weeks and adjust based on results, hunger etc.
  • rtogetfit93
    rtogetfit93 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @VeggieLoverMarcie What's your job and current step count daily (if you know it) like? Do you move much during the day?
    This is an excellent tool: http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/. It explains the actual activity levels, and you can put in how often you intend to exercise- and how much you want to lose weekly. It will tell you how much you can then eat daily to lose - and it has an intermittent fasting section, too, which will help in your case! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Set mfp to lose 1lb per week max, and eat back your exercise cals.
  • Marcie9278
    Marcie9278 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I spend about 4 to 5 hours sitting at a desk. The rest is walking around and driving which is sitting so let's add about an hour or two to those hours. So I'm sitting about 6 hours a day. I probably my do need to eat a bit more.