How long does it take YOU to drop the water weight?

Options
Had a day eating at maintenance yesterday rather than at a deficit and surprise surprise I'm up a pound in the scale this morning, it's soo frustrating when you've done so well the rest of the time :( hoping i get rid of it soon - how long does it take you to lose say a pound of water weight? Thank you!

Replies

• MysticGoalie
    MysticGoalie Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Keep making the best choices (food / exercise). The body composition changes will come.

6697da933d391faae655e55f6f291ef6139fd66d_hq.gif

• animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to say because it's always in flux, sometimes it's up, sometimes it's down and can be due to sodium, exercise, sunburn, hormones, time of day, BM's the list goes on you just have to look at the trends over a month. There is no answer to this question, apart from it will eventually go down and probably go up again xxx
  • MysticGoalie
    MysticGoalie Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Depending on which foods eaten & how much, it can take from 24h up to 72h to be fully digested.

http://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-does-it-take-to-digest-food#overview1

* Credit to author of the article.

Enjoy all Nourishment <3

5edvor2bnhsb.png

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Usually two or three days.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Water weight ... caused by things like ...

-- excessive exercise
    -- flights
    -- TOM
    -- surgery
    -- heat
    -- sunburn
    -- excessively salty food

... usually disappears in 2-3 days. :)

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    3-4 days
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It depends on the water weight. I wouldn't probably attribute just 1 lb to water weight so I wouldn't even notice if I were losing it or not. I'd just think it was normal daily fluctuation. But 10 lbs or so from a long flight...I'd lose about 8 lbs in the 24 hrs after returning home and the other 2 the next day. From eating something I'm intolerant to like nuts or pepper, it will probably take me 2-5 days to lose it. From exercise, I'll lose it in about 2 days assuming I do no more exercise during that time. From excessive humidity, it'll be gone as soon as the humidity is gone which could be the next day or it could be a couple months depending on what part of the world I'm in. From salt? I don't really retain water from salt.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I go to toronto last few weekends and gained 8-10 pounds i drink alot of water the next day and its normally gone overnight ...so like 36 hours for overeating huge, FOr my TOM its up for a week and a half i normally got my whoosh right as it started
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You can lose fat despite water weight fluctuations. Something like 60% of your body is water. You're not gonna get rid of it. Ever.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I fluctuate up to 4lb in a normal day depending on the time regardless of activity or food intake. 1lb is a pretty normal fluctuation to see and shouldn't be stressed over at all.

That said I gained 9lb during our last heat wave with swelling and a few poor diet choices. It's been 3 days since I balanced my macros again and the temp dropped. Today I am back in my normal range
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    mehreen_xo wrote: »
    Had a day eating at maintenance yesterday rather than at a deficit and surprise surprise I'm up a pound in the scale this morning, it's soo frustrating when you've done so well the rest of the time :( hoping i get rid of it soon - how long does it take you to lose say a pound of water weight? Thank you!

one pound is well within the realm of natural body weight fluctuations regardless of whether you ate at maintenance or otherwise...your body is comprised of 50-65% water and it will always vary regardless of what you are or aren't doing...you will always have varying levels of waste in your system, etc.

Stop obsessing about some number on the scale and making that the be all and end all of things...if you don't understand natural weight fluctuations, I'd suggest not weighing in daily. Also, maintenance is going to be a *kitten* if you think body weight is a static figure.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Yep, 1 lb is nothing, but I truly understand the emotional effects it has on a person when u try so hard to lose those few pounds. Water weight takes 3-4 days for me to lose. But the increase doesn't necessarily come from you eating at maintenance.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    On Wednesday I was up 2.8 Lbs from Tuesday...I'm down 2 Lbs today from yesterday...as a general trend over the last several weeks I've been losing about 1 Lb per week on average...

Chillax....