carbs in 4:3 regime

Options
wimdroid
wimdroid Posts: 56 Member
Hey, I want opinion/feedback on this approach I am considering taking.

In general I am trying to stick to low carbs diet.
On low(er) activity days this is not an issue at all because protein sources are plentiful, even though the carb providers are typically high cal/low volume.

On more active days (+exercise) I typically earn somewhere in the 1200-1500 range of bonus calories,
This is where eating them back (even just 30% or so) becomes problematic on the volume you have to eat, unless you want to walk around with your tongue in a peanut butter jar all day or so. Simply find it hard to eat those kind of volumes in just protein rich foods which are also low carb.

As stated above my preferred solution is not to start consuming massive amount of protein bars or things like that, I can live with a whey shake from time to time, but in general I also am considering not creating habits I need to get rid of when going into maintenance.

So I was thinking :
what if… I do increase carb intake on workout days (before the workouts), as they will be prime source for energy, and completely stick to low carb on the other days in a regime of 4 low carb vs. 3 higher carb.

Could that be problematic or disruptive in anyway, thinking of stuff like ketosis/glycolisis state switches etc… ?

Or would you say to suck it up and find more low volume high protein sources? In which case good suggestions are welcome :smile:

Your thoughts?