The scale says I'm losing but clothes fit differently and not losing body fat or inches

Options
Ok. At the age of 24 I was 208. Over the years I gained weight to almost 300. Lost the weight little by little. Now 50 yrs old got to be 208 but the clothes I wore my skinny fat clothes don't fit like I did when I was 24. I would have to be 190 to wear them. I have lost body fat and gained muscle. I don't know if being almost 300 at one time stretched the skin so much is the reason why they don't fit like I was 24 lol. It takes so long to lose a lb now not like I was younger. Lol

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You kept clothes for 25 years? And you remember how they fit that long ago? I think body composition and fat distribution would change as we age....
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Having babies kinda ruined my waist.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Replace those 25-year-old clothes. Just because the 90s are coming *back* doesn't mean you need to wear the identical same clothes you wore in the 90s.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    At 25, I lost weight and got myself in shape. This time, at 39, I needed to be about 10 pounds lighter to get to the same size waist. It shouldn't be a surprise that you don't have the same body composition that you had 26 years ago.