Breakfast??

Options
cemccra
cemccra Posts: 7 Member
What is a quick/easy breakfast I can have at the office? I usually have a bagel but whoa, carbs galore. HELP!!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Well, there is nothing wrong with carbohydrates for breakfast (unless it doesn't satisfy you). But anything you eat for another meal, you can have for breakfast.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    Well, there is nothing wrong with carbohydrates for breakfast (unless it doesn't satisfy you). But anything you eat for another meal, you can have for breakfast.

This! It's one of the joys of being an adult. I had chicken, beans, rice, cheese and avocado. Mmm.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm having carrots with peanutbutter today, yesterday coco crispys the other day I had a turkey sandwich, so ... whatever you want.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I normally have plain greek yogurt, mixed with protein powder and frozen berries. I throw it in a tupperware in the morning and eat it at work.
  • kyubeans
    kyubeans Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs take two minutes to make. I used to throw some grilled veggies or whatever veggie leftovers from dinner the night before into a container on top of the eggs and get some nice hot sauce over all of it.
  • thomasegbert09
    thomasegbert09 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I go with oatmeal with a banana. Quaker oats regular. It is microwable, and quick.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    cemccra wrote: »
    What is a quick/easy breakfast I can have at the office? I usually have a bagel but whoa, carbs galore. HELP!!

I don't mind carbs so much.....but yeah, its just carbs. Not much fiber or protein with that.

Greek yogurt "parfait" using Fiber One or Kashi Go Lean cereal.

Make ahead and freeze - egg McMuffins. Bake 9 eggs + 9 egg whites in a 9" square pan. Cut into squares & store with Canadian bacon in a zip-lock bag. Thaw 1 serving overnight in the fridge. In the a.m. toast a high fiber English muffin. Warm eggs & add a slice of 2% cheese.

Oatmeal - I make a big batch in the crockpot with milk (not water). Then store in microwavable containers in the fridge. Re-heat in the a.m. - add fruit (I like banana & cinnamon).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I usually have eggs with pinto beans and salsa most weekdays.