Looking for support and friends

Options
Quick back story. I am 39 and have been over weight for 15 yrs or so. Tried a few times and lost a little then got off track and went back to old habits. I have consistently lifted weights 6 days a week for the last 2 years. So I have muscle just with a layer of fat on top of it. I've gotten my 14 yr old to start walking and jogging with me. We walk the dogs 2 miles every day and jog 1 mile every other day because we are just getting started and I am way out of shape. I am logging my food and really trying. But it's hard like this week my step dad came to visit and he loves to cook so the house was full of yummy high calorie foods and desserts. So for 3 days I totally blew it. But he left yesterday and I removed all the remaining bad food and I am motivated to not going back again. So I am just looking for like minded people to connect with to help me stay on track.

Replies

• sunflowertea
    sunflowertea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Mariah - I slipped myself over the 4th and am just now getting back to where I was before the weekend. It was good and I enjoyed it, but seeing how long it's taking me to get back to where I was makes me want to be more mindful of the choices. It sounds like you're getting in lots of exercise! Tracking your food can really help you. I look at my daily budget like a bank account and don't want to be overdrawn. ;)