STOP DOING ZUMBA!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Fine, but I'm only stopping because I'm bad at it. I've got the twerking down, but I just can't get the rest. Also, stop yelling at me.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I am nothing if not splendidly happy for you.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It's not all about what you like or about being lean. It's about working the muscles, the heart and your body. Zumba is cardio. No reason to give it up entirely.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    This thread is pure gold!

It's not far off from a thread I saw where some were telling obese people they should only do low impact cardio and no weights.

It's all BS. Do what you like. Share it if you wish. Don't tell others what to do. I am obese and can't stand cardio. I don't even like high rep weight training. It's go heavy or go home for me. Still I would never tell others to stop doing what they like.

Plus as a gym member I don't think it's bad seeing the twerking! Gives me an extra shot of energy.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    You're not the boss of me!!!

(I don't do zumba but I do like cardio so I'll keep that up thank you very much)
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Lifting is all well and good, and I look forward to starting it up again, but cardio is how I'm gonna outrun the zombies, so no.

Nah just drop heavy objects on them or bash them with a bat!

If I get to point I can run again I am so picking up that app. Add a bit of fun to something I hate might make it not as horrid.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    bacon.gif
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I promise you that as the least coordinated human being on the planet, I will stop doing the Zumba. I didn't start doing the Zumba, but I will stop it this instant.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I promise you that as the least coordinated human being on the planet, I will stop doing the Zumba. I didn't start doing the Zumba, but I will stop it this instant.

You are not the least coordinated human being on the planet. That would be me. ;)

4lvx5yqtshh4.jpg
    BEST MEME!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I want to borrow your mom @BruinsGal_91. Zumbaaaaaa all the way. Who cares how I look on the outside? Zumba on the inside makes me feel like a saxy beast.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Clearly OP doesn't realize many of us are hoisting the barbell onto our backs for lunges and squats as much as we are doing Zumba (which is amazing fun and excellent for you). Lots of people can love their chosen cardio as much as weights and vice versa. The more variety you have, the better your body will look and perform overall.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that I all I do now is squat, benchpress, and deadlift and I've been the leanest I've ever been in my life with adding body weight

Well, bless your heart...
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I agree with you that I personally hate Zumba (in fact, it's my 2nd least favorite way to exercise, coming in right after yoga,) but at the end of the day, if it makes people willing to get off the couch, it's great for them.
  • wennycerry
    wennycerry Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love zumba it makes me happy!