What is your go-to healthy coffee type drink? Iced Coffee, Lattee's, anything.

Options
Hey guys!

What is your favourite healthy coffee drink? I have been eating very healthy lately, exercising consistently, and loosing weight at a good pace. I feel great! I have been able to kick the sweets easily now that I'm actually consuming a good calorie amount, so I don't have as much cravings now. BUT I love love my coffee, whether it's iced or hot. It's so good in the morning. I can't seem to kick the coffee lol

What do you put in your coffee? Any healthy recipes or suggestions would be great! :)

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Don Francisco's Hawaiian Hazelnut coffee with a quarter-cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a tablespoon of hazelnut creamer.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee with unsweetened vanilla coconut milk. I generally add 1/2 cup of milk to 16 oz of coffee.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I add a tablespoon of half and half to my coffee iced or hot. It only really adds up if I have more than 3 cups. If I want caffeine without the calories I stick to plain hot or cold black tea. If I really want some sweetness a tsp of sugar is only 15 calories. I do occasionally go all out and get a full fat and sugar peppermint mocha from Starbucks. It's a big treat for me, rather than an every day thing.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I add sweetener and half of cup of skim milk
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I recently discovered how amazing high quality coffee really is. I was buying store brand grounds but then had a cup of freshly ground Haitian blue bean coffee at an event and it was amazing! I got my hands on 2 bags of the stuff and I will never drink inferior coffee again lol. It has a rich, sweet flavor and I don't need to add all the flavored creamers that I was adding to the other stuff.

The kind I got comes from a non-profit that my church works with, but this is probably pretty close to what I have-
    https://www.amazon.com/Haitian-Coffee-Organic-Fresh-Roasted/dp/B00KWIQ2JI?th=1

I bought a cheapy coffee grinder and that works fine to grind the beans, (I also use it to grind flax seed). It lasts a while after ground so I do a week's worth at a time.
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have a cup of hot coffee with a tablespoon (15mL weighed) of Natural Bliss coffee creamer (various flavors, but still less than 5 ingredients). I've discovered that basic unsweetened coffee is an awesome addition to my smoothies. I've also developed a love of iced coffee. To make it guilt-free - and hit my macros - I either go to Starbucks and get a venti 3-pump sugar-free vanilla with a splash of skim milk -OR- I make my own using concentrated cold brew and water _AND THEN_ I add 20g of hydro whey protein powder and mix it up in my blender bottle. I get the sweetness of the chocolate or vanilla protein powder, the kick of the coffee and a protein boost. It's a great combo! :smiley:
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Latte or Americano with no sweetener.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered how amazing high quality coffee really is. I was buying store brand grounds but then had a cup of freshly ground Haitian blue bean coffee at an event and it was amazing! I got my hands on 2 bags of the stuff and I will never drink inferior coffee again lol. It has a rich, sweet flavor and I don't need to add all the flavored creamers that I was adding to the other stuff.

The kind I got comes from a non-profit that my church works with, but this is probably pretty close to what I have-
    https://www.amazon.com/Haitian-Coffee-Organic-Fresh-Roasted/dp/B00KWIQ2JI?th=1

I bought a cheapy coffee grinder and that works fine to grind the beans, (I also use it to grind flax seed). It lasts a while after ground so I do a week's worth at a time.

So much this! Using good quality coffee beans really eliminates the need for any other additives in the coffee!!
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Just make your coffee the way you like it and count it in your calories.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    When it comes to coffee my favorite is a 911 from Dutch Bro's. MMMMMMM like 450 calories of joy in and energy in a cup.
  • haroldrios1692
    haroldrios1692 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do black ice coffee....sometimes I add almond milk just for a little something different.
    Hey guys!

What is your favorite healthy coffee drink? I have been eating very healthy lately, exercising consistently, and loosing weight at a good pace. I feel great! I have been able to kick the sweets easily now that I'm actually consuming a good calorie amount, so I don't have as much cravings now. BUT I love love my coffee, whether it's iced or hot. It's so good in the morning. I can't seem to kick the coffee lol

What do you put in your coffee? Any healthy recipes or suggestions would be great! :)

I do black ice coffee....sometimes I add almond milk just for a little something different. Almond milk comes in chocolate also which is nice.
    Hey guys!

Nice job on losing the weight and achieving your fitness goals jessicamay!! If coffee is an important part of your day just find ways to factor it in.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    When it comes to coffee my favorite is a 911 from Dutch Bro's. MMMMMMM like 450 calories of joy in and energy in a cup.

Oooh, yeah! If I could make those bad boys fit my food diary, I'd have one every day!
  • quiksylver296
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Don Francisco's Hawaiian Hazelnut coffee with a quarter-cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a tablespoon of hazelnut creamer.

Quoting myself to add - the above is 57 calories.

I also put leftover black coffee in the fridge, and blend it with chocolate protein powder later for an iced mocha. Yummy! About 100-150 calories depending on the powder.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    If I'm drinking it hot, just 1/2 & 1/2. If it's iced, I use milk and a little Splenda.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Quoting myself to add - the above is 57 calories.

I also put leftover black coffee in the fridge, and blend it with chocolate protein powder later for an iced mocha. Yummy! About 100-150 calories depending on the powder.

Nice. Sometimes I add about a half a pouch of no sugar added hot cocoa mix for the same effect.
  • jessicamay1719
    jessicamay1719 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Mmm I do love hazelnut and I have been loving the unsweetened almond milk in my smoothies as well. I'll put some in my coffee and give it a try along with the hazelnut
  • jessicamay1719
    Options
    kms234 wrote: »
    I like my coffee with unsweetened vanilla coconut milk. I generally add 1/2 cup of milk to 16 oz of coffee.

It seeems like unsweetened almond milk (any flavour) is the way to go! Coconut is also great, yum
  • jessicamay1719
    Options
    I add a tablespoon of half and half to my coffee iced or hot. It only really adds up if I have more than 3 cups. If I want caffeine without the calories I stick to plain hot or cold black tea. If I really want some sweetness a tsp of sugar is only 15 calories. I do occasionally go all out and get a full fat and sugar peppermint mocha from Starbucks. It's a big treat for me, rather than an every day thing.

That is the key with me, one a day is fine.. but then I want another later in the day to wake me up, they can add up if I'm not careful haha. Coffee is bitter sweet isn't it