Debates

Options
Do we not have a separate sub forum for debates? I ask this because I continue to see to see nearly every post get hijacked into one. I don't mean to complain but that's honestly not why I came here. In addition, these debates oftentimes very uncivil.

Replies

• edlanglais
    edlanglais Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Before all the obvious answers continue, my question was rhetorical. And I'm not on any sort of quest to civilize the internet. But I guess your dripping sarcasm only proved my point.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you're fighting a losing battle here, you'll never be able to control people or what they have to say, not sure the point of your rhetorical question if you said you're not here to complain though.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    There is a debate forum here, link posted above. People are going to have different opinions on different topics, but MFP is really tame compared to other dieting/food/fitness forums out there.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Riiiiiiight.... :huh:
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    double post, havent done that in a while
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Oh, a mean people thread, how refreshing, haven't seen one in ages (sarcasm) :s

hehe you ever notice it's the members with less than 100 posts, I have a theory, less than 100 posts they complain about others, after 100 they realize you can't do anything about that and you just sit back and watch others and try to be helpful then at about 500 posts you just don't care enough anymore, say whatever you like and are not easily offended by mean posts etc. Just my thoughts though

Someone should do a study on your hypothesis. It's intriguing.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I'm relatively new. I have learned not to talk about
    diet coke
    clean eating
    processed foods

did I miss anything?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    ACV