42 and premenopausal

Options
billie_867
billie_867 Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2017 in Introduce Yourself
So my hormones are making this weight loss journey difficult . Looking for advoce from people who have been through this and how to fight this . Looking to reset all my clocks.

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Billie, I too am 42 and premenopausal. You'll get a ton of people on here telling you it doesn't make it any harder. I'll agree to disagree. Yes, the answer is still calories in < calories out, but hormones really do affect so many things that can make the calories in part harder (cravings, etc) and most people's lifestyles at this age make the calories out part more difficult as well. Knowing WHAT to do is simple.... eat less and move more. Actually DOING it and doing it consistently is harder.

You are already on here, which is a big step. Get a scale and start weighing all your food (at least for a few months). It will really open your eyes to how many calories are in the food you commonly eat. Pre-plan your day/week by logging in advance.

Find something active you like to do. I hate to jog, but don't mind sprinting. Kayaking, fencing, self-defense classes, aerial arts...those are all things I do for fun and you get some exercise out of it at the same time. Also as a perimenopausal woman, I highly recommend high impact aerobic activity and/or weight lifting to help keep your bones strong.

And don't neglect your mobility/flexibility. We want to look good, and be strong, healthy and mobile as we age.
  • billie_867
    billie_867 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you please help keep me focused . My cravings for sugar are crazy and hate the extra tire I carry now around my waiste hips and thighs
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    There's a great group of ladies with VARYING experiences here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group

Good luck!