Should I dye my hair this color?

Options
AlexB422
AlexB422 Posts: 111
I have asked a question regarding the color of my hair once, but now I have narrowed it down a bit more! I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible before I do it. I'm just really nervous!

This is me now
2ko4nt.jpg

These are the colors I'm looking at.
dq1zpf.jpg

And if so, which one? Thanks!

Replies

• AlexB422
    Options
    That picture is huge! It's a collage and you can't see the other two :/ idk how to fix it.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    top right
  • kyle1128
    kyle1128 Posts: 11
    Options
    Yep, you'd look great either way though. Incredible eyes!
  • AlexB422
    Options
    Thank you!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    the cooler/ashier *tone* of the olsen person (bottom right) is best imo, though i think it's a bit light.
  • AlexB422
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback!
  • AlexB422
    Options
    Anyone else wanna help?
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I LOVE the one on the left... I have that same pic on my pinterest "hair idea" board. :) I also like the one on the top right. And, I really like your current color too!

Which picture do you like the best? Go with your gut instinct-- or the one that you gravitated towards first. ;)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I think your hair is already gorgeous. Such a stark contrast between dark hair and light skin has always been classically beautiful, and you can never go wrong with it.

I don't think you would look bad with a dark honey blonde, though. It would be pretty. Just don't make the mistake of doing yourself at the sink. Dark hair does not lighten well or evenly with boxed rinses/dyes, it usually turns out brassy and cheap-looking if you don't have a lot of experience doing it. (Ask me how I know this!) Spring for a professional salon job.

Also be aware of the financial responsibility you'd have of touching-up your roots as your dark hair grows in. Dark roots peeking through is never a very classy look. :ohwell:
  • AlexB422
    Options
    I'm getting it done at a salon! I would never trust myself to go the box route! Lol
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Are you the pretty one?
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Definitely the one on the left!!!! I'm naturally dark brunette too and switch between that and a light caramel color similar to the pic. It would look really pretty with your skin. Just got mine colored this week :happy:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I have asked a question regarding the color of my hair once, but now I have narrowed it down a bit more! I'm trying to get as many opinions as possible before I do it. I'm just really nervous!

This is me now

dq1zpf.jpg

I had to make the I lower case to try to see.

hmm..i prefer it a bit darker.
  • AlexB422
    Options
    Are you the pretty one?

I don't know. You never said which one you find pretty?
  • AlexB422
    Options
    Definitely the one on the left!!!! I'm naturally dark brunette too and switch between that and a light caramel color similar to the pic. It would look really pretty with your skin. Just got mine colored this week :happy:

Thanks! I've been worried about how my skin would contrast with the new color.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Also I don't know if you've ever dyed your hair before but to go from dark brown to blonde (like the bottom right pic) can be quite a process and, depending on the skill level of your hairstylist, can look pretty tacky and unnatural at first. All the brunettes I've seen go blonde take at least 2-3 appointments (initial all over color/highlights, then get it highlighted a few more times) before it actually starts to look decent. That's why I stop at a light caramel-y brown with highlights. Just my personal opinion :bigsmile:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

This is me now

dq1zpf.jpg

I had to make the I lower case to try to see.

hmm..i prefer it a bit darker.

Top right
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I think you look beautiful as you are now!
  • AlexB422
    Options
    Also I don't know if you've ever dyed your hair before but to go from dark brown to blonde (like the bottom right pic) can be quite a process and, depending on the skill level of your hairstylist, can look pretty tacky and unnatural at first. All the brunettes I've seen go blonde take at least 2-3 appointments (initial all over color/highlights, then get it highlighted a few more times) before it actually starts to look decent. That's why I stop at a light caramel-y brown with highlights. Just my personal opinion :bigsmile:

My hair color now is a dye job lol. My natural color is like a dull medium brown :/ I would post a picture, but I've had this dark hair since I started loosing weight so the only pictures I have with my natural color is 79 pounds ago and those picture must stay hidden lol
  • AlexB422
    Options
    I think you look beautiful as you are now!

Thank you! :) I just need some change in my life. I'm getting bored. lol