Create your own fad diet!

Options
MelanieCN77
MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
First of all give it a good sciencey sounding name, bonus points for hybridizing it with some holistic practices.
What is your pseudo-science base claim?
What is your outrageous promise?
How are you going to make your money? Paid app and ebook are a given.

Replies

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I would like to propose to you... the Rainbow diet.
    Every day of the week, you eat nothing but foods that have the right color:
    Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.
    The energy from the different colors all provide nutrition that we need, but it's important that they don't get mashed up together. Your body resets at midnight and gets ready for the new color.
    Eating right will of course lead to weight loss, fix your marriage, and cure cancer.
    I think a series of workshops and webinars will draw the masses.

Where do I sign up! Lol
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    There was a Peeps cleanse around these parts a while ago.. That was all like:

tenor.gif
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    This is harder than it sounds...........

The donut diet
    The kale diet
    The zodiac diet......they already exist.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Lol just posting this here for inspiration.

ta5v0nxjvl4e.jpg

Fuzzy peaches and Diet Dr pepper is a legit diet right?
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I would like to propose to you... the Rainbow diet.
    Every day of the week, you eat nothing but foods that have the right color:
    Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.
    The energy from the different colors all provide nutrition that we need, but it's important that they don't get mashed up together. Your body resets at midnight and gets ready for the new color.
    Eating right will of course lead to weight loss, fix your marriage, and cure cancer.
    I think a series of workshops and webinars will draw the masses.

Fairly sure I've heard of this before. Blue indigo and violet days apparently suck. Lol
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    This is harder than it sounds...........

The donut diet
    The kale diet
    The zodiac diet......they already exist.

Dammit! Back to the drawing board.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Secret location olive oil.

The people who live on {redacted} island are not obese despite never exercising and consuming at least 4 TBSP of local olive oil daily. After extensive research we've discovered that there's a secret property in olives from their island.

For just 49.99 you can get a 1 liter bottle of this oil. Take 1 TBSP upon waking up and before going to bed and before lunch and dinner.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

ta5v0nxjvl4e.jpg

Fuzzy peaches and Diet Dr pepper is a legit diet right?

Yes. Yes it is.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

ta5v0nxjvl4e.jpg

Greatest movie ever!!!! Sorta. But still awesome none the less. Love this!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I'm going to call it the Misery diet. Make yourself very depressed by viewing horrible political activity all over the globe. Lose your appetite and will to cook. Have a couple bites of ramen every now and then but that's it.

I started the Misery Diet November 9, 2016. And I didn't even need to look outside the US. Unfortunately, it increased my desire to comfort eat.
  • BattleRopes
    BattleRopes Posts: 128 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The Myth Combination Diet! Try them all & fail at once, instead of 1; at a time over & over again!
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    The where's wally diet fad. You just don't eat until you've found wally, Waldo, wally's side piece and hipster wally.

App available where you can log 300 cals for every character you find. If you fail to find at least 3 in a day you'll be automatically banned because we don't need that *kitten*. Free eye test vouchers for banned members.

• AsylumTourGuide
    AsylumTourGuide Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Presenting the fabulous EcoDiet! By following my easy 1 step plan you can be fabulous too! Don't eat anything that comes wrapped in plastic. Bam! Skinny betches everywhere! This original eco-friendly dieting formula has been thoroughly researched and backed by self proclaimed doctor and scientist, Dr. Spanky. Dr. Spanky promises that the EcoDiet is all you will ever need to get that fabulous body you've always wanted while at the same time preserving our planet.

*incredibly fast speech mode*
    This is not a real diet. We will not be held liable for any morons who somehow manage to die trying this.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    The Nil Per Os plan:
    Similar to how you are treated the night before surgery or in response to certain medical situations, do not eat or drink (not even plain water) until you reach a healthy weight. This will throw your body into calorie scorching overdrive as your reserved energy stores are burned just so you can keep breathing. Books that list distractions for use when you feel hungry or thirsty are available at totalfast.woo for the simple gift of any amount of money that your hungry and dehydrated brain can count.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Nacho diet.

Nachos with just cheese. Nachos with beef. Nachos with guacamole. ALL the food groups, all the nutrients.

Say nachos one more time <3
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Cabbage Diet