3 days

If I join a gym, is 2 hours a day 3 days a week too much or not enough? I want to join our planet fitness because it is like 2 min walk there. Other than that the nearest one is like 1.5 miles away and I have no car or daycare. Thanks.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    What will you be doing in those 2 hours at the gym?
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    What will you be doing in those 2 hours at the gym?

This. What you actually do there is far more important than how much time is spent there.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    ja20102004 wrote: »
    If I join a gym, is 2 hours a day 3 days a week too much or not enough? I want to join our planet fitness because it is like 2 min walk there. Other than that the nearest one is like 1.5 miles away and I have no car or daycare. Thanks.

Exercise is something you do to improve your fitness, and your health. With 6 hours a week you could make a good impact on both. Do some cardio for your heart & lungs (increase endurance) - do some strength training to hold onto more lean muscle mass while losing weight, it's great for bone health too.

Weight loss is going to be mostly controlling your calorie intake. I can eat a Snicker's bar in a minute flat, but it takes a whole lot of exercise to burn it off.
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Probably an hour on treadmill walking at 3.0, alittle bike, and then lift weights.