Anyone using intermittent fasting?

Options
I would love to know your details and how it's going...

Replies

• kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I am trying IF 16:8 or 18:6 along with keto. First time I did it for 3 consecutive days lost 2 lbs and broke a plateau. Been doing it off and on now. Try it when I can, but eating schedule for me varies so much, I can't really get into a routine.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm "doing" 16:8 or 18:6 in combination with 3 meals a day and a "traditional" diet. It's going wonderfully. I'm in maintenance, and my relationship with food, which was already a lot better when I inadvertently ended up on IF 9 months ago, has improved tremendously. I don't obsess over food anymore, I no longer think I have to eat "perfectly"; I love meal planning, but it's impossible to micromanage this way of eating: I just eat what I want and what I can get hold of, I eat when I'm ready for a meal and the meal is ready. Liberating, flexible, pleasureable. Food is finally finding its proper place.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I've done various IF protocols over the last 5ish years, through my weight loss phase and then several years of maintenance. Earlier this year I needed a break from it, but I'm thinking about starting it again next week because it really does help me keep my calories in check.

Op-the term IF refers to several different protocols, is there one in particular that you're doing/interested in? I've done 3 of them so I may be able to give you more info :)
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I do 16:8 most days. I have made it as far as 20:4. I would like to extend it farther but finding it difficult.
  • SeikoMonster
    SeikoMonster Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    16:8 for 7 months now 133 pounds lost. For me it is all about meal timing.
    Knowing it is only X amount of time till the next meal has cut my want of snacks down to nothing.

Its not magic. You still need to eat at a calorie deficit to loose weight. Wanting to extend the fast past 16:8 seems pointless to me.