Ketogenic drinks or pills

Options
Are they safe to take or helpful? If not why.

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    could someone put an example of a ketogenic drink. I would like to look at ingredients.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    To get in to a ketogenic state, carbs must be kept very low. Any drink that purports to put you in to a ketogenic state (which takes days, not hours) could be undone by a single banana.

I've seen comments from keto followers here that a person in keto state has to take care that they are taking enough salt and magnesium. Which I guess you could take as a drink or a pill.

It boggles my mind how we get confused in to thinking that there is some pill or drink that melts the fat, when weight loss is about the choices when NOT to eat.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    could someone put an example of a ketogenic drink. I would like to look at ingredients.

Could someone put an example of a keto pill while they're at it? B)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Keto Esters or salts will raise your ketones. As will mct's like coconut oil which are oxidized oxidized as a fat fairly quickly. I think exogenous ketones are mostly helpful for those who need high ketones for medical reasons, like as a treatment tool for dementia or stroke.

For weight loss I do not believe they help much, except to maybe provide an alternate energy source for the brain in the first few days of a lchf diet when ketones are not yet high.

Exogenous ketones are safe. They may be helpful for your health. I have not seen evidence that they are helpful for weight loss.