behind those closed doors

Options
keem88
keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
ahoy there mfp!

what's in your fridge, freezer and cabinets? and what have you thrown together as a meal with what's in there?

i also included my window sill because there are spices/hot sauces on there

also, don't hide anything, even if it is something you are embarrassed that you consume. that makes it more fun! feel free to describe anything that may be hidden or you feel is something cool or deliciously awesome that everyone must go out and buy.

ready....go!

yes, that is deoderant on the door. ya gotta be fresh.
74b88ed2-81b0-4707-bcd1-29c50b8677bb_zps28155830.jpg

not in a cabinet, but i love my fruit. mmm. there are blueberries, raspberries in the freezer as well and pears in the fridge
0721130014_zps9d62a744.jpg

mostly baking stuff. some nutritional yeast hidden in the back
0720132352a_zps5bad8406.jpg

not behind any closed doors, but you can't cook a good meal without some spices and hot sauce!
0720132352_zpsa5530c4b.jpg

freezer door, some butter behind the bag of edamame.
518692e2-acf2-4b46-9aa0-b6c205a11647_zps8c0c1d8c.jpg

rest of the freezer, left side is mostly frozen veg when they go on sale i hoard them sh!its, right side some tortellini, pierogi and sausage burried in there
0720132233b_zpsc93ec1d7.jpg

not enough cabinet space in my apartment, some potatos, bag of onions behind that and chocolate and mixed berry protein powder with the cups
0720132240c_zps3e65a595.jpg

above the fridge. different powerades, apple cinnamon rice cakes, pirate booty, wheat thins, snacky things
0720132240_zpscbe75302.jpg

canned stuff, kinda meh. lots of salsa behind the spaghetti sauce on top (too lazy to make my own), canned tuna, chicken and some canned veg for when the power goes out, bottom is veg broth, some soups and chefboyardee for my man when i don't feel like cooking
0720132234b_zps0a18ac3f.jpg

i love oatmeal so much, i have two canisters. mmm applesauce to mix in the oatmeal, some cereal, behind the cereal are dried potato flakes when i am lazy and some whole wheat pancake mix, also the top is rice/pasta/quino the container has manicotti shells and large shells in it. mmm couscous.
0720132234a_zps9f596675.jpg

what i made for dinner:
stuffed zucchini: saute the inside guts of the zucchini with meat (used meatless grounds) and with oregano and garlic. stuff the zucchini with the filling, top with marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella, bake for 15-20 minutes. om nom nom, under 300 calories for 2 of the stuffed zucchini.
0720132307b_zpsef42284c.jpg

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    wait why is there deodorant in your fridge?
  • keem88
    Options
    because it feels refreshing as hell when you put it on ^_^
  • caribear1984
    caribear1984 Posts: 203
    Options
    That is my favorite way to eat zucchini. Yum.
  • alexhelena
    alexhelena Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh my god that's amazing. (re: the deodorant)
  • keem88
    Options
    especially in the summer, it doesn't get that "sweaty" feeling, give it a shot!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options

lol
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options

Lol gotta try that ....the zucchini looks gooood
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Love it!! No pix, but I can pretty accurately list because it's almost end of the month and waiting for $$$.....

FREEZER: 2 small cheese pizzas for my 6 yo (no really, I buy big ones for myself LOL). Chicken nuggets for her too. A sh*tload of otter pops, survival tool for summer in the desert. Steamfresh broccoli florets, green beans. Huge bag of Thai style stir fry veggies. Eggo Nutrigrain waffles. Hot dog buns and turkey hot dogs (6 yo). Lots of ice. 2 glass mugs that I keep in freezer for when I want milk, I like it extra cold! Frozen fruit for protein shakes: strawberries, blue berries, bananas. Ice packs for boo boo's and lunch boxes. Something new I just found, little frozen cubes of basil and chili peppers, for my Thai stir fries. Loaf of Orwoweat Oatnut bread. 1/2 pork tenderloin (to go in crock pot for shredded pork).

FRIDGE - shelves/drawers: Eggs. 1/2 can catfood (for kitty's dinner, not mine LOL). Butter. Goat cheese crumbles. Shredded parmesan. Low fat cheddar sheese sticks. String cheese. More turkey hot dogs. Hillshire Farms oven roasted turkey slices for sandwiches. Lite sour cream. A couple Lunchables (yes for Jr.) Almond Milk. Iced tea (non sweetened, peach). Cauliflower. Bags of lettuce mix for salads. Apples. Red Grapes. Lemons and Limes. Celery. Red and orange peppers. Cucumbers. Minced garlic. Lemon juice. Diced ham. Greek yogurt. Black beans. Feta cheese crumbles. More yogurt Jr wanted but now won't eat.

FRIDGE - door: Folger's Black Silk coffee; Coffeemate Sweet Italian Cream. (Run and hide if either of those items are not in stock.) Jello and manadarin orange cups for Jr's lunch box. Fat free milk. Hot sweet mustard. Grated parmesan. Maraschino cherries (for when Jr has to take medicine). Laura Scudder's PB. Horseradish. Franks Hot Wing Sauce. Sriracha. Kraft Fat Free Italian. Light Mayo. Light Ranch. BBQ sauce. Ketchup. Hershey's Chocolate syrup. Hot salsa. Zaaschila. Pickles. Asian Seesame dressing. Low sodium V8, Coke (a rare indulgence but I hate when I don't have any on hand and suddenly want one). Ginger ale - aka tummy medicine.

PANTRY: Lots of stuff for Jr: Cheese puffs, Cheetos, Sunkist "fruit" snacks, marshmallows, nutrigrain bars, chocolate chip granola bars, PB crackers. (Before the nutrition police come after me, those items are very carefully rationed out and maybe 15% of her overall diet of fruits, veggies, lean protein and whole grains. She will take fruit over snacks any day, but I believe in balance.)
    Cheerios. Almonds. Dried cranberries. Oatmeal (I hate cooked oatmeal but sprinkle uncooked on my yogurt). Tuna. Marinade mixes, taco seasonings, Ranch dressing mix. Back-ups of salad dressings, Jello cups. Triscuit minis. Microwave popcorn. Olive oil, chili oil, sesame oil, canola oil, non-stick spray, coconut oil, balasmic vinegar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce.
    Canned cat food, cat & dog treats. Several kinds of tea bags. Brown rice. Quinoa. Honey. Protein powder.
    Waaaay in the back: flour, sugars 9white, brown, 10x, raw), 1/4 bag of butterscotch chips leftover from Christmas baking. Cocoa powder, bakers chocolate. Spenda and equal for guests. (I use Sugar in the Raw when I want a sprinkle of sugar on something.) Rainbow sprinkles.

SPICE cupboard: 3 kinds of pepper/herb grinders, sea salt grinder, regular salt shaker. The usual - dill, basil, oregano, bay leaves. Ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg. Cumin. Garlic powder, onion powder. Curry powder, smoked paprkia, cayenne. Garam masala. Mustard powder. Orange peel. Baking powder. Colored sugar crystals for baking. Food coloring for frosting. Almond extract.

GARAGE: Several cans of soups and broths. Top Ramen (oh yeah!!) Canned diced tomatoes, kidney beans, chick peas, black beans. Pastas. Mac n Cheese. Enchilada sauce. Back-up spices and herbs. More crackers. Fritos left over from 4th of July, nobody wants them. Chocolate sprinkles. Lemon bar mix. More teas. More Triscuit minis. Pasta Roni. Rice a Roni. More V8. More coffee!!!!! More salad dressing. More 10x sugar (I don't know why I have so much, I rarely bake!)

On the COUNTER: 1 lonely tomato. 1/2 loaf Oroweat Oatnut bread. 2 English muffins.

That's it. And now I am hungry.
  • keem88
    Options
    Love it!! No pix, but I can pretty accurately list because it's almost end of the month and waiting for $$$.....

FREEZER: 2 small cheese pizzas for my 6 yo (no really, I buy big ones for myself LOL). Chicken nuggets for her too. A sh*tload of otter pops, survival tool for summer in the desert. Steamfresh broccoli florets, green beans. Huge bag of Thai style stir fry veggies. Eggo Nutrigrain waffles. Hot dog buns and turkey hot dogs (6 yo). Lots of ice. 2 glass mugs that I keep in freezer for when I want milk, I like it extra cold! Frozen fruit for protein shakes: strawberries, blue berries, bananas. Ice packs for boo boo's and lunch boxes. Something new I just found, little frozen cubes of basil and chili peppers, for my Thai stir fries. Loaf of Orwoweat Oatnut bread. 1/2 pork tenderloin (to go in crock pot for shredded pork).

FRIDGE - shelves/drawers: Eggs. 1/2 can catfood (for kitty's dinner, not mine LOL). Butter. Goat cheese crumbles. Shredded parmesan. Low fat cheddar sheese sticks. String cheese. More turkey hot dogs. Hillshire Farms oven roasted turkey slices for sandwiches. Lite sour cream. A couple Lunchables (yes for Jr.) Almond Milk. Iced tea (non sweetened, peach). Cauliflower. Bags of lettuce mix for salads. Apples. Red Grapes. Lemons and Limes. Celery. Red and orange peppers. Cucumbers. Minced garlic. Lemon juice. Diced ham. Greek yogurt. Black beans. Feta cheese crumbles. More yogurt Jr wanted but now won't eat.

FRIDGE - door: Folger's Black Silk coffee; Coffeemate Sweet Italian Cream. (Run and hide if either of those items are not in stock.) Jello and manadarin orange cups for Jr's lunch box. Fat free milk. Hot sweet mustard. Grated parmesan. Maraschino cherries (for when Jr has to take medicine). Laura Scudder's PB. Horseradish. Franks Hot Wing Sauce. Sriracha. Kraft Fat Free Italian. Light Mayo. Light Ranch. BBQ sauce. Ketchup. Hershey's Chocolate syrup. Hot salsa. Zaaschila. Pickles. Asian Seesame dressing. Low sodium V8, Coke (a rare indulgence but I hate when I don't have any on hand and suddenly want one). Ginger ale - aka tummy medicine.

PANTRY: Lots of stuff for Jr: Cheese puffs, Cheetos, Sunkist "fruit" snacks, marshmallows, nutrigrain bars, chocolate chip granola bars, PB crackers. (Before the nutrition police come after me, those items are very carefully rationed out and maybe 15% of her overall diet of fruits, veggies, lean protein and whole grains. She will take fruit over snacks any day, but I believe in balance.)
    Cheerios. Almonds. Dried cranberries. Oatmeal (I hate cooked oatmeal but sprinkle uncooked on my yogurt). Tuna. Marinade mixes, taco seasonings, Ranch dressing mix. Back-ups of salad dressings, Jello cups. Triscuit minis. Microwave popcorn. Olive oil, chili oil, sesame oil, canola oil, non-stick spray, coconut oil, balasmic vinegar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce.
    Canned cat food, cat & dog treats. Several kinds of tea bags. Brown rice. Quinoa. Honey. Protein powder.
    Waaaay in the back: flour, sugars 9white, brown, 10x, raw), 1/4 bag of butterscotch chips leftover from Christmas baking. Cocoa powder, bakers chocolate. Spenda and equal for guests. (I use Sugar in the Raw when I want a sprinkle of sugar on something.) Rainbow sprinkles.

SPICE cupboard: 3 kinds of pepper/herb grinders, sea salt grinder, regular salt shaker. The usual - dill, basil, oregano, bay leaves. Ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg. Cumin. Garlic powder, onion powder. Curry powder, smoked paprkia, cayenne. Garam masala. Mustard powder. Orange peel. Baking powder. Colored sugar crystals for baking. Food coloring for frosting. Almond extract.

GARAGE: Several cans of soups and broths. Top Ramen (oh yeah!!) Canned diced tomatoes, kidney beans, chick peas, black beans. Pastas. Mac n Cheese. Enchilada sauce. Back-up spices and herbs. More crackers. Fritos left over from 4th of July, nobody wants them. Chocolate sprinkles. Lemon bar mix. More teas. More Triscuit minis. Pasta Roni. Rice a Roni. More V8. More coffee!!!!! More salad dressing. More 10x sugar (I don't know why I have so much, I rarely bake!)

On the COUNTER: 1 lonely tomato. 1/2 loaf Oroweat Oatnut bread. 2 English muffins.

That's it. And now I am hungry.

lol that cracked me up! great descriptions, and really not that bad of foods. i have no problem with kids getting snacky packaged food as long as it's not their main source of food. a fruit snack here and there or some pb crackers are totally fine, and that's awesome that she would rather have fruit than the snacks. sounds like a good balance of stuff even though it's the end of the month!

my fridge has changed a little. there is now more beer (dogfish head 90minute, summer shandy, and yuengling that someone brought over and left)
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    always lots of veggies,fruits,white meat,red meat,fish,rice,peanut butter (a must), all my proteins,supplements and vitamins... cereals, unsweetened almond milk,cold water,low fat and cottage cheese,greek yogurt,PITA BREAKS (very healthy pitas), etc.... lol
  • keem88
    Options
    always lots of veggies,fruits,white meat,red meat,fish,rice,peanut butter (a must), all my proteins,supplements and vitamins... cereals, unsweetened almond milk,cold water,low fat and cottage cheese,greek yogurt,PITA BREAKS (very healthy pitas), etc.... lol

sounds delish! but let's see that yummy food so we can all get hungrier than we already are lol