Is no try only do...

Options
2»

Replies

• VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    MarcA1218 wrote: »
    True... body measurements and BMI/ Boday fat are good ways to see improvement if you think the weight is platoing or if you see you are gaining but still working hard.

Yep, and... My end goal is to be ripped, regardless of what I end up weighing. Besides I've always thought Wonder Woman looks a lot better than Barbie.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    BabyBear76 wrote: »
    My goal is to lose 8.5% body fat (that will put me right under 20%). I'm not to concerned with my weight as I know I will slim down as I lose fat, but I might get frustrated seeing the scale numbers move up every now and again due to muscle gain.

I thought your goal was to get as big as possible so people think you're on steroids?
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    BabyBear76 wrote: »
    My goal is to lose 8.5% body fat (that will put me right under 20%). I'm not to concerned with my weight as I know I will slim down as I lose fat, but I might get frustrated seeing the scale numbers move up every now and again due to muscle gain.

I thought your goal was to get as big as possible so people think you're on steroids?

Well yeah. That part of it. I really do want to be massive, with a low body fat. The under 20% is an intermediate goal for the next few months. The OP said..."over the next few months". I set smaller ones on the way to my ultimate goal. Helps keep me dedicated. I know fat loss/muscle gain takes time, I just like the little boost of hitting a goal.

My ultimate goal, I'll probably end up at about 12% bodyfat. There is no way I can hit that in a few months, at least not naturally (which I insist upon, no test or roids for me: my only supplements are protien shakes and a multivitamin).

Does that make sense?
  • MarcA1218
    MarcA1218 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    My goal was to lose between 40-45 lbs and it’s going good so far (at 25). I changed my eating habits and exercise about 3-4 days a week. Now my goal is to not only lose the other 20-25 lbs but do so by June.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My goal was to lose between 40-45 lbs and it’s going good so far (at 25). I changed my eating habits and exercise about 3-4 days a week. Now my goal is to not only lose the other 20-25 lbs but do so by June.

Well done :)
  • MarcA1218
    MarcA1218 Posts: 570 Member
    Options

Well done :)

Thank you!