Christian Guy wanting to help encourage others.

Options
Hello my name is Justin, I'm married and a Christian wanting help encourage others to be healthy and to help motivate. I am over weight started at 257 and now I've almost lost ten pounds just by exercising more and tracking my food. I have high cholesterol and I'm addicted to eating junk. It's a struggle, but through encouragement and through help from God I'm slowly living a healthier lifestyle. Peace be with you all : )

Replies

• crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    whineryjnw wrote: »
    Hello my name is Justin, I'm married and a Christian wanting help encourage others to be healthy and to help motivate. I am over weight started at 257 and now I've almost lost ten pounds just by exercising more and tracking my food. I have high cholesterol and I'm addicted to eating junk. It's a struggle, but through encouragement and through help from God I'm slowly living a healthier lifestyle. Peace be with you all : )

I asked God repeatedly for help for over 15 years and my prayers went unanswered. I decided I needed to be the one to be catalyst of change, instead of relying on God, and I have been wildly successful. God has enough to worry about. We should be able to handle these things on our own. Amen.
  • whineryjnw
    whineryjnw Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel I felt the same when I was a kid when my prayers went unanswered for protection when I was molested by both genders from age 5-10. Free will goes both ways, and you can only help those who want help. I hated God for a long time until a friend helped me realize that God is omnipresent and he can help anyone at anytime, again free will goes both ways for the good and the bad, and being a Christian isn't suppose to be easy. We have trials that test our faith the help us grow. I respect your message and your thoughts but I will always rely on Christ because he is our cornerstone.
  • shawnaleigh210
    shawnaleigh210 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Justin! You're off to a fantastic start! I'm a fellow Christian as well. God has definitely helped me through many things, including developing a healthier lifestyle! There is nothing that's too little or too big for God. He wants us to rely upon him for everything. So great job for giving it to him! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I love encouraging all of my friends! :)