Help.

Can someone please explain to me why my fitness pal readjusts my exercise calories? I work 3rd shift and from midnight until I went to bed around 7am, it said that I had an extra 301 calories to burn cuz of my steps. I wake up and only have 63 now. Also, there are days that it won't even give me any calories back. It will register my steps but not add anything. I've read the blurb in it, but really don't understand. Any help is awesome. Thanks

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    At the time you synced your activity tracker, MFP read it and estimated that you would burn 301 calories over your maintenance for the entire day if you kept up that same activity level. Obviously you didn't, you had to sleep. Therefore on your next sync, MFP determined you would only now burn 63 calories above maintenance. If you start moving again, that adjustment will go up.

If you have no adjustment that means you won't be burning enough to surpass maintenance. It's best if this happens to have negative adjustments enabled, and then MFP will adjust your calories down so you don't end up overeating. Of course if you have negative adjustments enabled and are set to the 1500 calorie minimum, nothing will be taken away.