Caffeine Addiction

Options
2»

Replies

• blueeyetea
    blueeyetea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a cup of caffeinated coffee in years. I didn't do it cold turkey, but slowly by switching to other drinks that had caffeine but less. You say you drink 3 cups of coffee a day? Start by switching one of those cups to decaf for a while. Then switch to 2 cups of decaf. When you're ready to give up the coffee, switch to black tea as your pick-me-up in the morning, and go back to drinking to decaf then as well.

Do you drink sodas? Look into each of them and see which contain caffeine, even clear drinks that you normally think wouldn't have caffeine. I was stunned when I found out Mountain Dew had more caffeine than Coke.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I live on caffeine. I drink around 10 cups of black tea a day and then drink around 2 sugar free energy drinks a day and take caffeine pills before long runs.

I've never had any negative side effects of this. I love my caffeine. I don't feel it is a weakness.

This is me....with iced tea.

I love unsweetened iced tea, and drink it all day long. I don't see an issue.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I now drink half caff, and no more than one at the very most and not often 2 cups a day. Too much coffee (I drank 3-6 a day) coupled with regular (not overly excessive but more than I should) alcohol use threw my hormones out of whack and raised my estrogen levels causing jawline hormonal acne and hair loss, as soon as I controlled those two things, my acne went away and my hair is now growing thicker again. I don't know if my genetics is just sensitive to it, I am not on BC so I had nothing to artificially control my hormones, I never had those issues when I was on BC and I drank the same way then. So maybe doesn't affect everyone this way, but it definitely did for me.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    The social side of drinking coffee can become addicting like. To me coffee isn't more addicting than sugar.