Caffeine Addiction

2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I live on caffeine. I drink around 10 cups of black tea a day and then drink around 2 sugar free energy drinks a day and take caffeine pills before long runs.

I've never had any negative side effects of this. I love my caffeine. I don't feel it is a weakness.

This is me....with iced tea.

I love unsweetened iced tea, and drink it all day long. I don't see an issue.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    I now drink half caff, and no more than one at the very most and not often 2 cups a day. Too much coffee (I drank 3-6 a day) coupled with regular (not overly excessive but more than I should) alcohol use threw my hormones out of whack and raised my estrogen levels causing jawline hormonal acne and hair loss, as soon as I controlled those two things, my acne went away and my hair is now growing thicker again. I don't know if my genetics is just sensitive to it, I am not on BC so I had nothing to artificially control my hormones, I never had those issues when I was on BC and I drank the same way then. So maybe doesn't affect everyone this way, but it definitely did for me.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    The social side of drinking coffee can become addicting like. To me coffee isn't more addicting than sugar.