What's the most effective way of losing weight

Hey guys
I am three months postpartum and exclusively breastfeed. I am trying to lose my last ten pounds but it's not coming off easily. I am trying different diets I am usually active as I have three kids but my weight is being stubborn
I have constant urge to eat as I feed but I make sure I take brown rice non processed food or can food mainly clean I will snack two or three cashews here n there may b three max a day nothing drastic that would make me hold on to weight
Please suggest from ur experience guys what's the best way to lose weight
Thanks you in advance

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited July 2017
    The only way to lose weight is through consistently taking in in fewer calories than you burn. The most effective way to lose weight, is any way that you can, will and do stick to. Can you see the difference between necessary and effective, how one is for everybody, always, and the other is personal, individual, and variable? For me, it was effective to set a reasonable goal weight - getting all the way to the low end of a healthy BMI means more sacrifice than I'm willing to give. But everything became easier as I dropped the idea that I had to follow specific diets, and instead, just decide for myself what I should eat. I also took a hard look at the "advice" that surrounds us, and realized that most of it is BS. Nutrition is not an exact science. Eating well is about getting enough of everything, but not too much of anything, and enjoying good food in good company. Fretting over details is counterproductive and food guilt ultimately leads to bad decisions.

All of this.

It isn't necessarily about meal timing or what specific foods you eat...all of that is irrelevant from a weight loss perspective. The only reason I would personally cut out certain things because I couldn't control myself with them enough to stay in a calorie deficit. Eating "clean" does not guarantee weight loss.
    That isn't to say nutrition isn't important, of course.
    As you get closer to your goal, the weight is going to come off more slowly. That's just how it goes. My food scale was a game changer for me, too. Helps me stay as accurate with my calories as possible.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,242 Member
    The "most effective" is eating at an optimal deficit every day.
  • Sylaws
    Sylaws Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there, I'm in the same my baby is now 12 weeks old and I have 12lbs to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. This is my first baby so unlike you I'm not running around after other children. I've joined Slimming World mainly to get weighed and keep myself accountable and I've just started Charlotte Crosbys body blitz exercise dvd I am hoping to get it off by September as I don't want to be too harsh on my body as it's been through a lot!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    At three months pp and breastfeeding I wouldn't worry abt weight loss. I'd say entertain it 6 months from now.

A lot of women struggle to lose weight while breastfeeding so i agree with this.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Calorie deficit

This.

• Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    This is a calorie counting site, so... calorie deficit. :)

That said, having a healthy supply of milk for your baby is way more important than the 10-15 pounds you want to lose. I would personally let a doctor chime in on the best course of action since all the weight-loss calculators here do not take milk production into account.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Im a breastfeeding mama and my baby is alot older than yours. If i drop my calorie intake too far from maintenance my supply dips

I would suggest eating at maintenance and letting breastfeeding create your deficit and just accept the weightloss will be slower

This is exactly what I did.

Track your calories with MFP, try to get adequate nutrition, but nothing wrong with treats that fit into your calories either. I try to fit in exercise when I can too, also get out for walks with baby, put on music and dance, etc.

By the way, at 3 months pp and 10lbs away from your goal, I would say you are doing great.. the last 10 lbs especially when nursing for some women can be a tricky battle, so just take it slow so try not to put too much pressure on yourself (I know easier said than done!)

• MysticGoalie
    MysticGoalie Posts: 328 Member
    Everything with moderation, not denying any foods. Craving a certain food though denying to have, going to have anyway. Be mindful about portion size, how it fits in calories / macro's. How you feel inside, your precious body telling having eated enough? Not able to eat more? Feeling pleasantly full though not stuffed..

Enjoy

Treats-Banner-Practice-201106-1000x240.jpg

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    At three months pp and breastfeeding I wouldn't worry abt weight loss. I'd say entertain it 6 months from now.

This 100% Enjoy your baby. Weight loss will happen.
  • tofiggy
    tofiggy Posts: 44 Member
    Drink lots of water, good for nursing and calorie free :-)
  • mmissyb
    mmissyb Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you so much guys for the wise advices I know new mom can be harsh on them selves as society compare us with the models these days I was very slim and fit before but after having my precious girl I hv r bounced back and I started hearing the absurd comments that no one wants to hear no words of encouragement yet

I will be keeping a note of good advices
    Thank you guys
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Consistent calorie deficit.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    mmissyb wrote: »
    Thank you so much guys for the wise advices I know new mom can be harsh on them selves as society compare us with the models these days I was very slim and fit before but after having my precious girl I hv r bounced back and I started hearing the absurd comments that no one wants to hear no words of encouragement yet

I will be keeping a note of good advices
    Thank you guys

You really don't have to be too concerned right now with your body. Just keep it clean and moisturizer and eat sensibly and nourish it properly. The weight will fall off eventually. GOOD LUCK!