Weekend down fall!

Options
2»

Replies

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I work this by eating less during the week and more at weekends so that I hit my goal as an average over the week, not every day. But I also make sure my goal is not too restrictive, and I do exercise more on weekends.

Are you logging the weekend binges? That's a crucial part of the learning process. Once you've had to enter the numbers for all those sugary cocktails or lardy takeaways or whatever it might be, you start to get a bit less keen to overdo it.
  • evlmidget
    evlmidget Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Weekends kill me. I to-do because I can lose a bit during the week...then weekend hits and I screw it all up
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    wdedoelder wrote: »
    Same issue here. I go out for Sushi and gain 3 pounds. It takes me 2 weeks to get back :(

Yeah, but sushi is so worth it.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I work this by eating less during the week and more at weekends so that I hit my goal as an average over the week, not every day. But I also make sure my goal is not too restrictive, and I do exercise more on weekends.

Are you logging the weekend binges? That's a crucial part of the learning process. Once you've had to enter the numbers for all those sugary cocktails or lardy takeaways or whatever it might be, you start to get a bit less keen to overdo it.

All of this! I am in maintenance now and this all still applies. Lifelong sustainable action plan right here.

• SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You say sushi, I say General Tso. No matter what your vice, it still sucks.
  • prima_donut
    prima_donut Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I try to look at my calories as a weekly amount instead of a daily amount. once a week I add up all my calories for the week and divide by 7 to get my average daily amount. By sticking to 1000-1100 through the week I can have an average daily amount of 1400-1500. I also skip breakfast on the weekends and have a light lunch (freezer meal less than 250 calories or a salad) for lunch to allow more room for evening indulgence. Aim to drink spirits (in diet) or wine and track the food...I know it's hard because the temptation is to just say forget it. If I have had a large amount of carbs the night before I also use that as my opportunity to go for a run the next day...those runs are usually pretty good runs :-) good luck!