This time it feels real.

Options
2»

Replies

• MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Great job! I too feel like this time is different. If you don't mind me asking what kind of clinic did you join? I visited a nutritionist a few times and though she was helpful to an extent she thought I was crazy for trying to lose weight while being a mom to 7. Like I should wait 20 years until they move out lol
  • georgeinthecord
    georgeinthecord Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great job! I too feel like this time is different. If you don't mind me asking what kind of clinic did you join? I visited a nutritionist a few times and though she was helpful to an extent she thought I was crazy for trying to lose weight while being a mom to 7. Like I should wait 20 years until they move out lol

I joined a place called Carolinas Weight Management here in North Carolina. It's through one of our local hospital systems. So far on the non-surgical path I am taking, I've met with a general doctor, fitness trainer, and registered dietician. They also did a metabolism test. The general doctor and fitness trainer didn't do much for me, but meeting with the RD was great. She let me know that it's okay to not be overly restrictive and to not be so black and white/hard on myself. Then we had a 5 minute conversation about Ben & Jerry's. hahaha!

And good luck! 7 kids! It is hard to have 2 kids and 2 dogs. hahaha
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    You're amazing!!!!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options

I joined a place called Carolinas Weight Management here in North Carolina. It's through one of our local hospital systems. So far on the non-surgical path I am taking, I've met with a general doctor, fitness trainer, and registered dietician. They also did a metabolism test. The general doctor and fitness trainer didn't do much for me, but meeting with the RD was great. She let me know that it's okay to not be overly restrictive and to not be so black and white/hard on myself. Then we had a 5 minute conversation about Ben & Jerry's. hahaha!

And good luck! 7 kids! It is hard to have 2 kids and 2 dogs. hahaha

Lol thanks I have 3 dogs and 2 cats too but the cats are easy!
  • km1ll27768
    km1ll27768 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job! It's a big encouragement for me!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I also am not crazy about how I look, dressed or naked. I can't stand how I look. I look horrible. To me.
    And you know what? I don't matter. My looks are my presentation to everyone else in the world and some few of those have said, whether it was a polite lie or not I can't say, that I look ok. So, I let that be. You look ok, dude.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Kudos, George, for the weight loss and the honesty. <3

• honeybearwarrior
    honeybearwarrior Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You're very handsome and a big inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    You're handsome AF! Great work!
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Wow! I have to say that I find it weirdly comforting to learn that a person as attractive as you (you're just about as cute as they come!) struggles with self-image. As in, maybe a lot of people do and it's not just me! I also feel bad that you've gone through all that because I know how it is.

Good work on your weight loss goals!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep at it!
  • akopesky
    akopesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Great reminder to stop the negative self talk. I like how you posted I got up, I did the workouts, I did weight management class.....all out comfort zone. That's positive to remind me you that YOU did this. I needed this reminder today.
  • okohjacinda
    okohjacinda Posts: 329 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If this isn't my life story!!! I did the exact same thing last year. I got down to my lowest weight ever (192 from 272) and wasn't happy with how I looked and I gained it back in less than 8 months. Now I am trying to lose it again and this time for good. So far down 21lbs in 2 months (which is a first for me so you know I mean business this time lol) but I have a long road ahead.

I too have been up and down with my weight for the last 7 years and now enough is enough! You have really inspired me to keep pushing and make it all the way through this time around and for me to stop with the hate talk because you are so right it is not helping the process.

Congrats on the weight loss! You look amazing! :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    39 million tries is a lot George. If nothing else your persistent. And coincidentally, what does it take to succeed in weight management? Right, persistence. None of us needs to be perfect, just consistently pretty good. I understand your struggle and hope you find comfort in your own skin. I don't even know you and I'm proud of you.
  • texteach66
    texteach66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This is really awesome and expresses how I'm feeling really well. After a lifetime of being overweight, I became a lifetime member of Weight Watchers in 2002 after losing 133 pounds. I thought I'd conquered it. Since January of 2016 I've lost 100 pounds and if I want to get back to my WW goal weight I still have 20 to lose. This time has been so different; I go from being scared to death to go back, yet I really feel like it will stick. I'm willing to count calories till the day I die. I've decided I'm worth it.
  • georgeinthecord
    georgeinthecord Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    All of these happy posts are giving me life! You are all so wonderful and I hope we can keep working on ourselves together! <3
  • venuscaelestis
    venuscaelestis Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look great. I feel the same way as you do with my body image and it's part of why I let myself gain so much thinking that it doesn't matter. The thing is people do not see you as critical as you see yourself but it is hard to keep that in mind when you feel a certain way.

Just know that you really do look great and it shows in your smile. Keep at it!
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I love your new attitude. Weight loss comes so much easier when you are coming from a place of appreciation and respect for yourself.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Be proud. It is warranted. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!