Newbie looking for advice!!

Options
I am currently looking for some advice and or help. I am a male currently over 350 pounds just starting my weight lose journey. I currently am on meds for high blood pressure that are not controlling it very well.

I figure if i do not lose weight now i may not have many years or good years left and I am only 42. I cant not stand long right now i get sore feet and back/head when i do and my blood pressure rises until i sit down. Ive had tests done and nothing was found i had 3 ekg's, more blood taken then ive seen in hortor shows (lol), xrays, and 1cardiac ultra sound all negative. My dr said it is just my weight and going from a couch potato to actually moving around he actually told me if you dont use it you will lose it.

So here I am looking for help getting on my way. I joined some Facebook groups on low carb, vegan and the Dash diet. All three have members that have lost tons of weight and got off plenty on meds including high blood pressure. I am just confusedon what to do.

How much protein, carbs and fat to eat. Also how much water to drink. Right now I drink mostly pop and tea. Also should I start taking a multi vitamin,fish oil or another vitamin or supplement.

I would appreciate any and all help in starting as i feel like my body has gone downhill fast and kerps going down.

Thank you in advance for your help and please add me as a friend so I can look at your diary for ideas aswell as you all can look at mine and see if im doing stuff right to keep me on track.

Thanks

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't worry so much on the "how" right now - focus on the "what". Eat and log the amount of calories MFP gave you. That will make you lose weight. Losing weight will improve your health.