Netflix...What the Health

Options
Anyone seen this documentary and if so any thoughts. The whole meat diet and causer of disease isn't new but this documentary really seems to take it up a notch.

Replies

• OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    There's already several threads going on about this, you can use the search option to find them.
  • BhangraPrince
    BhangraPrince Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    @OliveGirl128 thanks I will take a look
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Look at the history of the speakers. They are vegans because they want to hard core save animals. One even is on the board of directors for the Humane Society.
    Really meat causes osteoporosis? Causes prostate cancer? Even alzheimers or dementia? Really? They will tell every lie to save the animals.

The vegans are in love with this and will keep it going.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    my sister the vegan just cringed at it
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I love the claim that it increases cancer by 33%. Lol, you for 3% to 4%, increases your chances by 1%, but 1% of 3% they show as increases probability by 33%. But the actual risk is 1%... and that is if you accept the results of that study.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It's on YouTube and I just watched the opening 3 min.

It's just a dude who made a documentary. The opening usually starts out with fear mongering and then they hit you with what they think is the right way to eat. Seen one, seen them all.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Documentaries are usually very bad at presenting opposing evidence against what they believe. Most documentaries skew information because they are trying to get people to follow their agenda.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I watched it a few weeks ago, as an academic I was irritated by the lack of evidence. Any evidence they did present was cherry picked, if you follow up the references you can see that the articles have been misconstrued.
    I am not a vegan myself, however I know many vegans and I know that they did not find this documentary relatable.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You have to be careful with most documentaries regardless of the topic...the vast majority are one sided and come with an agenda. Lot of cherry picked "evidence" in this particular crockumentary...
  • High_Five_
    High_Five_ Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The best food/health documentary I have seen lately is Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food. It's EXCELLENT. I also had to turn off What the Health for the propaganda aspect, and I am a believer in eating less animal foods.