drank straight coffee @7pm after no coffee for 2 weeks.Result:Wide awake reading posts.

Options
tobehappy2017
tobehappy2017 Posts: 41 Member
How did you save the left over fruit that got shoved back in the fridge and was found on grocery run day?

Mine were cherries.I cooked up a savory cherries chutney to go with cottage cheese (found recipe online)

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    How did you save the left over fruit that got shoved back in the fridge and was found on grocery run day?

Mine were cherries.I cooked up a savory cherries chutney to go with cottage cheese (found recipe online)

If the leftovers in my fridge are at all questionable (fruit that needs to be cooked) they don't get saved...I applaud your effort and ingenuity tho!
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

If the leftovers in my fridge are at all questionable (fruit that needs to be cooked) they don't get saved...I applaud your effort and ingenuity tho!

Ditto. If it's even a little squishy & it's not supposed to be, out it goes. I also use the Still Tasty website frequently if I find something in the fridge that I'm not sure about. If there was ever an area of my life that I could remotely be considered OCD, it's in the ream of food safety.
  • tobehappy2017
    Options
    I would never try to eat/upcycle spoiled fruit(i triple check them at store when buying which drives my husband crazy.In addition to being expensive,for example Strawberries in see through packs at the store here are notorious for white mold).
    The cherries were a part of excess fruit mid-weekly purchase and weren't sweet enough on their own.

I am with you both on this.I prefer discarding spoiled produce,than consuming them and end up needing a visit to doctor.
  • tobehappy2017
    Options
    How did you manage 2 weeks without coffee!? I'd be dead.

I used to drink milk tea and occasional coffee,but i stopped both for now (i want to eat my calories and black coffee make my stomach funny)