Living at home vs on your own

Options
2»

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I lost a bunch of weight when I moved out. It was really financial though. Instead of being surrounded by expensive snacks and convenience foods I had to start buying whole foods and preparing them myself to stay on budget. I'd make a pot of soup or something and have to make it last all week. While at my parents I could have second and third helpings because it was all free. Once I started making more and could afford eating out and buying whatever food I wanted, the weight started creeping back.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I moved out at 18 and although i didn't need to lose weight i did because all i could afford was wholemeal bread and peanut butter!
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    What you need to learn is to not care if people get "irritated" at you for refusing food. What are they going to do, restrain you and put a feeding tube down your throat if they get P.O.'d enough at your noes? Smile, say "Thank you, but I'm sooo stuffed from that wonderful [___] (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, etc., etc.), that I couldn't possibly. I'd absolutely pop! Why don't you let [___] (whoever is also there) have it?"

In other words, kill 'em with kindness while keeping your lips zipped and move on without thinking about it again.