LADIES, PLEASE! Working Out Tips... Please Read Description! X_X

Options
2»

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    LinserSE wrote: »
    Sounds like you have pretty bad symptoms. Why not see your OB/Gyn and get on a BC method that will lessen or stop your periods altogether?

I've never been and I'm scared to go xD my cycles are pretty irregular as well, but when they come, I vomit and I feel like my intestines are in a knife fight for a few days :c

you need to go - a well woman check should be part of a normal preventative medicine health plan - pap smear etc
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    LinserSE wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    I think this is really highly personalized - PMS symptom severity can vary greatly from woman to woman and one month to the next. Plus people have different pain tolerances.

My personal philosophy is - if the cramps would keep me from meeting a friend for lunch, then I'm fine skipping a workout because of them. But if I'm managing to do everything else I want/need to do, then I can't really use PMS as an excuse not to workout.

I will say I eat at maintenance for 2 or 3 days at my TOM, and I think it actually helps me stay on my workout schedule - I have more energy and I'm less hangry. I do still have a month every once and awhile where I just can't bring myself to get the workout in.

And if your cramps are bad enough that they are keeping you from living your life for a few days every month, try different OTC meds and talk to your doctor about it. Some women unfortunately won't be able to find relief, but there is no reason in this day and age to just accept that you are going to feel like crap at your TOM :drinker:

Haha, thats a really good way to look at it (: I'm going to work and suffering but then I'm just going home and laying down until I have to take the kids to super or cook for them:c which ik it a terrible way to live, but its just so painful to do literally anything... Ibuprofen helps for :30 minutes or so and then its right back to constant pain -_- I did go for a walk yesterday.. and I greatly regretted it.. I was just hot, irritable, and in pain >.< idk what to dooo, I dont want to do anything and yet ik I should be -__-

Go to an OB/GYN. It's a little weird but you get used to it, and there's no reason to suffer like that. I had similar issues in my 20s and the pill was a godsend - regular periods like clockwork and manageable cramps for 15 years.