Weight losd plateau

Hello my name is Amber and I have been on my weight loss journey for almost year. I am at a plateau. Does anyone have any advise for me?

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    How long has it been since you lost weight?
  • fbk1956
    fbk1956 Posts: 1 Member
    Here are some tips Amber (below link). On a previous diet (15 years ago), I hit a plateau that lasted three weeks. It was frustrating because I didn't change anything and yet I was stuck. I waited three weeks doing the same things, and finally broke through.

My wife is also dieting, and she recently experienced the same. She tried # 4 on the link below, and it worked like a charm. She broke through the plateau in a few days. That seems like a crazy solution, but some swear by it and it appears to work.

http://www.eatthis.com/weight-loss-plateau

Best of luck to you Amber!
  • iamkachelle
    iamkachelle Posts: 28 Member
    Hi. It could be that your diet or exercise regimen needs to be altered. You may need to increase or decrease calories or you may just need to increase your workouts. The link fbk provided should help to get you started.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    fbk1956 wrote: »
    Here are some tips Amber (below link). On a previous diet (15 years ago), I hit a plateau that lasted three weeks. It was frustrating because I didn't change anything and yet I was stuck. I waited three weeks doing the same things, and finally broke through.

My wife is also dieting, and she recently experienced the same. She tried # 4 on the link below, and it worked like a charm. She broke through the plateau in a few days. That seems like a crazy solution, but some swear by it and it appears to work.

http://www.eatthis.com/weight-loss-plateau

Best of luck to you Amber!

Just as a side note to above 3 weeks isn't a plateau, 4-6 weeks with no movement is what most would consider a plateau as weight loss is far from linear and it's fairly normal not to see a loss every week. There are some good points in the link you shared though

However OP, a year is a long time to be in a calorie deficit, have you re-assessed your goals at any point? Weight loss is slower the closer you get to your goal. You may also find it worthwhile to take a diet break (eat at maintenance for a week or two), prolonged deficits can cause adaptive thermogenesis (in short meaning that your metabolism slows down because your body gets used to the reduced intake). Eating at maintenance can help your metabolism return to normal and it's also helpful as a practice run for when you get into maintaining your weight.

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    I have no real knowledge of this, but best of luck to you!