How much should I be loosing?

Options
Can anyone tell me how much exactly I should be loosing a week on average?

I have been just adding exercise to my days and not really changed my diet and taking it slow.
In 3 months I have lost 3.6Ibs. I know this isn't much, but for me this is AMAZING, but should I be looking to loose more?

Here are my details so far:
Start weight 320ibs - Now 316.4
weight - lost 3.6ibs

Neck - lost 3cm /1.18inch
waist - lost 14cm/5.5inch
Hips - lost 10.5cm/4.1inch
Upper Arms - lost 4cm/1.57inch
Lower Arm - lost 3cm/1.18inch
Thigh - lost 6cm/2.36inch
leg - lost 4cm/1.57inch
Bust - lost 10cm/3.93inch
Belly - lost 10cm/3.93inch
Wrist - lost 3cm/1.18inch
Total - lost 67.5cm / 26.5inch off full body.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    when you ran your MFP goals, what did you set loss rate too? are you logging everything you are eating?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    It's up to you how slow you want to take it, at 320lb you could probably lose at 2lb per week safe enough, but it depends on if you would find that calorie deficit sustainable (-1000 calories under maintenance). Obviously the smaller the rate, the longer it will take but that can be a good thing if you find it easier to stick to.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Set your weight loss goal to 2 pounds per week, and log your calories accurately. You should see faster results that way. Exercise is great, but reducing your calorie intake is the key to weight loss.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    The food you eat has a much bigger impact on weight loss than exercise. Since you are not changing your diet you'll need to keep on increasing your exercise to maintain a deficit and that's not sustainable in the long run. It actually easier to reduce a tiny bit what you are eating. And yes you definitely could be losing a lot more/faster given your starting point, but ultimately it is up to you.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I think you're very wise to be making slow changes.

When you're ready you can start to add in a calorie deficit. I suspect you'll be very pleased with the faster results you'll see then.

In the mean time keeping hanging out here and learn as much as you can from these folks.

• animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Great job on the inch loss! I think you're doing the right thing by making small changes like adding exercise, now you've got that routine you could start creating more of a calorific deficit and start logging your food accurately, you could start by doing a pound a week loss at first and see how you go and increase if you find you can or stay at that rate of loss if you're comfortable? Digital scales and measuring cups/spoons are really essential when creating a calorific deficit and logging accurately can help you identify places where you can cut calories (for me it was beverages and portion sizes). Good luck x
  • paulwatts747
    paulwatts747 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When I started going to the gym a few years ago I started at 145kg, and in 6-9 months or so got down to 117 without even thinking about diet. I did work hard though and went every day. However, I couldn't get past 117 and eventually I burned out at the gym and went back to 141kg. To cut a long story short, you can only go so far in weight loss with exercise alone before you'll have to look at your diet.
  • ultimateyou
    ultimateyou Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    when you ran your MFP goals, what did you set loss rate too? are you logging everything you are eating?

I put my goal as to loose 1IB a week. I try to log in my foods to the closest I can see if i don't know what the right calories are.
  • ultimateyou
    ultimateyou Posts: 108 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice :)